EVOD Clearomizer Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
So I realize that I’m a little late to the party with this review, but figured someone like me who tends to make only occasional vaping purchases might find this helpful.

In another thread here at the LF forums, ImYourSalt recommended I give the EVOD clearomizer a try. You can find the product here: Electronic Cigarette - Cartomizers - EVOD

I was not looking for, nor did I really need a different type of atomizer. I’ve always used a 510 LR with carts stuffed with blue foam on a 510 Riva battery. Pretty old school, but I’m the type that once I find something that works, I don’t torture myself with trying the next greatest gadget that comes out every month. (Such a habit also saves me a boat load of cash, I’m sure ;) . )So for years I’ve used an atomizer plus cartridge combination and all was well with the world.

Recently I needed to purchase some new batteries and in the course of asking a few questions it was recommended that I give the EVOD a shot. So I checked out the pricing, at less than 8 bucks to give the thing a try I figured, ‘why not?’ The worst thing that could happen would be that I was out $8 and back to vaping the way I always had.

Since I’d done zero research into the EVOD, I really was walking into it blind. But that’s the nature of impulse purchases and I was reasonably sure I could find a YouTube video all about them once the product arrived. Youtube did not disappoint, which was a good thing because the clearomizers did not come with instructions. Having said that, the product was pretty intuitive and it seemed fairly self explanatory to me once I handled the EVOD on how I should fill it, attach it to the battery, etc… Figuring out how to use the thing wasn’t rocket surgery.

I’d say the tank holds about a mil and a half of e-liquid. It’s super easy to fill and attach to an EGO battery. The EVOD is probably ten times easier to fill than my old blue foam carts plus toothpick method. It also fills easier and faster than standard cartomizers IMHO. I believe (someone correct me if I’m wrong) that the EVOD will fit on any 510 fat batt that has a threading for a top cone, so I think it’s compatible with a lot of different brands of batteries.

Anyway, how does the thing vape? I have to admit that the first drag I took was extremely overwhelming. It felt like my regular daily e-liquid had about 10 extra flavor shots added to it. It tasted seriously strong, but then again I was coming from the perspective of vaping with an atty plus cartridge set up. The flavor did calm down after a few drags, which was a good thing but I’d still say that the EVOD makes e-liquids taste more pronounced than either a cart of cartridge. Vapor production was very good, and the draw was a light to medium pressure, which is my preferred type of draw.

What’s good about this thing?

Easy to fill
Easy to clean (I soak it overnight in a shot glass full of vodka and let it air dry and it’s good to go. I suspect it would do fine in my ultra sonic cleaner as well.)
Great vapor production
Good flavor
No dry burns since it has a little window to let you know how much e-liquid is left
Comfy mouth piece
Replaceable atomizer parts for less than $3 or rebuildable if you’re into that sort of thing.
Finish matches EGO batteries very well
Very sleek and nice looking over all
No larger than using a 510 fat battery with a cone. Fits fine into my e-cig case and my pocket.

What’s not so good?

Mouth piece is integrated into the clearomizer and not removable, which frankly, skeeves me out a bit. I prefer a clean mouth piece every day, so that means I have to clean the whole unit.

When I fill the EVOD to the brim with e-liquid, the further down I vape, the funkier the remaining liquid tastes to me. No one else has complained about this, but for me it’s the same flavor as using a cartomizer one too many times. The liquid just gets a bit funky. I suspect this is because as the atomizer repeatedly heats the unit it cooks the liquid just a little bit to where I can taste the difference from fresh e-liquid. So if you’re a sensitive taster like me, this is very easily resolved by only filling the unit half full and the funky flavor becomes a complete non issue because you’ve vaped it all before the flavor changes. If you’re not so sensitive, this will be a complete non issue for you from the start.

Will I purchase this item again?

Depends on how rugged the product is and how long it lasts. I figure if the atomizer part lasts me 2 weeks and the mouthpiece/tank part lasts a month or two that the product would be an exceptional value. I hate to sound like a total fan boi but after a week of use, I’m really digging this EVOD upgrade. It makes vaping easier and more enjoyable, so what’s not to like about that? Also, service from Liberty Flights was top notch, as usual. There’s a reason I keep coming back to this specific vendor year after year. So yeah, if you haven’t, plunk down the $8. I think you’ll enjoy the EVOD.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I'm in a very similar position as the OP, coming back to purchase after having used atomizer and cartridge (901 in my case) for a long time. I didn't buy from here this time as I was initially just getting new e-liquid after finishing off the last from a bulk purchase about 9 months ago. I picked up a pair of these and have a similar experience. Nice vapor, good taste but dislike the integrated mouthpiece. The e-liquid I chose to use to try them out is light golden colored. By the time I finished that first tankful it was almost coffee black and a bit off in flavor. So the visual evidence confirms the OP results. I'd decided on a similar solution too. I've been filling them between half and 3/4 full. Now the liquid is still darker by the time I need to refill but the taste stays good. But since it's so easy to fill and way less trouble than my old atomizer/cartridge system I'll be buying a few more next month. I need to go shopping here for my hardware purchases since I like good prices and fast shipping ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread