EVOD users: What's your coil preference for a standard eGo battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavediver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Buford, Ga
Well the mail got here about 3:30PM New Mexico(MDST). The results semi-SUCK.

Yeah, one of the 1.8s that I bought is way out of spec, the other and the 2.2s and 2.5s appear to be pretty close to their stated numbers.

I can't seem to get a good read on the out-of-spec 1.8. I'm using a regular multi-meter, and getting a wide variety of values depending on where I touch the probes. I've purchased a pre-wired 510 socket and am looking for a 510 to eGo adapter so that I can make a resistance measuring fixture. Maybe it'll help, or maybe the head is shorted. Either way, at least one of 'em worked and I know that I like the 1.8 for some things...

Does anyone know if the resistance is identified on the replacement heads? I couldn't find any markings, so I had to sort through them using a meter.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Yeah, one of the 1.8s that I bought is way out of spec, the other and the 2.2s and 2.5s appear to be pretty close to their stated numbers.

I can't seem to get a good read on the out-of-spec 1.8. I'm using a regular multi-meter, and getting a wide variety of values depending on where I touch the probes. I've purchased a pre-wired 510 socket and am looking for a 510 to eGo adapter so that I can make a resistance measuring fixture. Maybe it'll help, or maybe the head is shorted. Either way, at least one of 'em worked and I know that I like the 1.8 for some things...

Does anyone know if the resistance is identified on the replacement heads? I couldn't find any markings, so I had to sort through them using a meter.

I can't find markings either, really annoying...

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Well the mail got here about 3:30PM New Mexico(MDST). The results semi-SUCK.

Here they are, checked twice, once on my Lava v2, and my wife on her Provari.

As you know they come in 5-pack blister packs.

Box 1: (in Ohms) 1.9, 1.9, 1.9, 2.2, 2.3

Box 2: (in Ohms) 2.0, 2.1, 2.7, 2.0, 2.1

I ordered these under the 1.8 Ohm heading, none turn out to be such. I can see a 10% variation as being reasonable which would range roughly from 1.6 to 2.0 Ohms. So, as I see it, I have 5 that are OK and 5 that are out of Spec. They have crap for QC, in my engineer/attorney opinion.

I do not blame GotVapes for the 50% crap variation, the fact is GotVapes, nor for that matter the other vendors, pack these P.O.S.s.

But the vendors could ride the A$$e$ of the suppliers to turn out something other than this slop! Yes, I'm pi$$ed. I'll recoil and rewick the ones that are in excess of 2.0 Ohms, but it orally SUCKS that I have to do someone else's work that I already paid for. PITA. But they would say "Trust me". I say vai a fare in culo.

As they say "Caveat Emptor".

More or less the same resistance variation I found with the ones I tested. So pretty common it seems.

I rebuild all of mine right from the start with hemp wicks and 1.6-1.7 ohms coils.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I have that ego twist is a perfect battery for me, and the EVOD BCC and Kanger Pro Tank are perfect delivery systems for me :) Cartos can suck it!

Anyway, I've been using 1.8ohm heads. The cool thing is, if you order from litecigusa, the evods come stock w/ 1.8ohm heads. Very nifty, because I think elsewhere they come stock with 2.2 or 2.8.

I like using the 1.8ohm head with my evod , and my twist dialed at 3.6-3.8v I find that is just perfect for me.

I did buy a 2.2ohm head for comparison , but haven't used it yet, as it just got here today.

Dacholiday Dach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just received an Evod yesterday from Mr.Vapes. I also ordered the 5 pack of 2.5 coils because the stock one was 1.8. I am really quite disappointed in the coils. So far 2 were doa. The 3rd one is working now, but who knows for how long. Havent tried the remaining 2 yet. Where can I buy reliable coils for these things? I really don't feel like wasting more money ordering them from Mr. Vapes.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Unless somebody is making knockoffs, they all come from the same place. I’ve opened seven of these so far. One was DOA and one shorted out after about a week. The other ones have lasted three or four weeks. As cheap as they are, I can live with that. QA on cheap Chinese stuff isn’t always very good. I get mine from Stormy's Vapor Cellar.

J.R.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Unless somebody is making knockoffs, they all come from the same place. I’ve opened seven of these so far. One was DOA and one shorted out after about a week. The other ones have lasted three or four weeks. As cheap as they are, I can live with that. QA on cheap Chinese stuff isn’t always very good. I get mine from Stormy's Vapor Cellar.

J.R.

I ordered mine from GotVapes, none DOA thankfully but they all order stock from the same place so it's really just a gamble.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I was about to start a new thread, but this one's exactly what I'm figuring out.
I'm using Ego's, and trying to settle on a clearo.
Unfortunately, it's looking like it'll take some further experimenting, but one of my favorite's so far is (supposed to be) 1.8. Also unfortunately, that particular unit is pretty much a disposable - the first one's I got with replaceable heads were 2.2, and it's too much work to get a good hit. But I can't tell for certain it's the resistance, since they're different types entirely, with different draws, etc.

Is it possible I'm just going to prefer a 1.8 with standard Ego voltage?

TChestnut

Aug 24, 2013
PA, USA
Ugh, someone should put a chart on here with their recommended volts for evod coil ohms..

I'm experimenting with different heads for my evod tanks and different types of juice and really liking a 2.2ohm@3.8-4.2v for my mountain oaks countRY4 great big clouds of warm smooth vapor

But wanted to try a 1.8ohm head, so using it with my mountain oaks shangri la @3.6-4.0v and idk just not getting very good vapor production, both juices are 50/50 and 18mg nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread