Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
ProTank can require some fiddling.
If you're tasting metal - wash it (not the coil) with SOAP.
If you're getting "dry hits," then remove 1/2 of the flavor wick.
After that, they're pretty good...
Actually, I seem to find the best combination of "no fiddling" and "good flavor/vapor" in the MINI ProTank.
Not sure why, but I don't have the same problems with those - they're good right out of the box.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Well, the bases of an Evod and a PT are completely different and how air gets into them can affect the draw. I notice a difference in draw on a PT mounted on my box mod that has a typical plain flat center pin, and a Tesla that has a spring loaded, split pin center pin. That, and just small rotations of the PT on either device impact the draw, some times to a fairly big degree depending on how that position change blocks or opens the vent holes. Don't forget that on a PT it's not just the air holes on the 510 connector, it's also the air hole in the bottom of the coil assembly.

Some times I do notice that change in draw affects flavor - a little. But not to a huge degree. Oveall a PT is still to airy for my taste - need to get one of those air flow controllers.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Am I the only one who gets better flavor out of their cheapo evods than their protanks? Building the same coils for both and it's a big flavor and vapor difference on the svd, provari, MVP and itaste3. Anyone else notice this?

-Lord

absolutely agree. i think that the materials in the evod base just offer less resistance to the flow of electricity, the juice is going to the coils. on ptanks and davides, they seem "too cold" for vaping (but that works great for certain types of vapes esp. ice creams!).

i got some Peanut Butter from MBV. in my mini davide (in which the bases are way too monstrously thick), after 10 days of steeping, you can tell it still needs more steeping. in an evod, we're approaching nirvana!

i have some Turkish Tobacco from Yaeliq. in a mini-davide, it tastes more like Two Peas No.8. you can taste the "flavorings", but the tobacco is non-existent. throw it in an evod, and it's amazing!

i do not like the short tips on the evods, though. i'm going to try replacing them with these (so i can use longer tips):

DBox Dube Clearomizer - Stainless

if i can get the "evod taste" out of those, they'll be my new go-to tank (except for root beer and ice creams).

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
i do not like the short tips on the evods, though. i'm going to try replacing them with these (so i can use longer tips):

DBox Dube Clearomizer - Stainless

if i can get the "evod taste" out of those, they'll be my new go-to tank (except for root beer and ice creams).

Thanks, I will try the "Dubes"

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I am complete opposite. I find that flavor taste better out of my protank2 and mini pt2 than my evods. Any time i get a new flavor i always put in one of the two. I do agree with whoever above said the mini pt2 requires less fiddling. Coils seem to last me alot longer on the mini as well.

I've been using the Evods and found them to be great, however I purchased 2 Protank Mini II V-1 and the newer V-2 with removable drip tip. Now after trying the 3 of them out for some strange reason the Protank Mini II V-2 has the best flavor and draw. I can not see a difference in the two MIni's except for the drip tip. In fact I am using 2.2 ohm coils in the V-1 to get the same draw from the V-2 using the 2.5 ohm coil which comes with it. I'm also using the same voltage 3.6 volts. Thankfully the Evod's and both Protanks use the same coils and are available anywhere, unlike other BCC.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
I've been using the Evods and found them to be great, however I purchased 2 Protank Mini II V-1 and the newer V-2 with removable drip tip. Now after trying the 3 of them out for some strange reason the Protank Mini II V-2 has the best flavor and draw. I can not see a difference in the two MIni's except for the drip tip. In fact I am using 2.2 ohm coils in the V-1 to get the same draw from the V-2 using the 2.5 ohm coil which comes with it. I'm also using the same voltage 3.6 volts. Thankfully the Evod's and both Protanks use the same coils and are available anywhere, unlike other BCC.

That's what's interesting about this, is that they all use the same coils, but give different experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread