The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

[Experiment] Vaping hookah molasses

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Auxx, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Auxx

Auxx Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2014
    Zvejniekciems, Latvia
    So some people were interested in vaping molasses. Technically it is possible: both e-cigs and hookahs do not burn the stuff we put in them, they evaporate that. This means that smoking hookah is not smoking, it is vaping. A very old technique of vaping! But is it possible in reality to vape molasses? I tried! Here I present you my findings.

Molasses I have today is Tanya with mango flavour from Turkey. It is quite good, does not contain tobacco or nicotine and its base is glycerine we all know and love. Take a look at the packaging:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The package shows the list of ingredients. Note the glucose. I put a few drops of the liquid content of molasses into my Igo W RDA, single coil, 2.1 Ohms, wicked with rayon, and fired it at 11 Watts on my MVP (it is impossible to get 11 Watts from MVP with resistance lower than 1.5 Ohms btw):

[​IMG]

Vapes like a boss! But only for 8-10 puffs. Then the glucose comes into play. You see, glucose is a type of sugars and when sugars touch something hot, they burn. Molasses do not touch anything hot in hookah, so sugars inside never burn, they evaporate as a part of glycerine and make a nice and sweet vape. But when you put them on the coil, they burn and burn fast. Let's take a look at my coil. See the coil? You probably don't, because it is so gunked up... After ten drags! Incredible!

[​IMG]

So yes, you can vape molasses! But only if it does not contain any sugars in it. And I've never seen such molasses. Thanks for reading, but now I will leave to recoil my little Igo W. Have a nice day!

2. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I've always read that sugar gunks coils, but never actually seen it :thumb:. Before you replace those coils try heating them red hot and put them in running water. That just might blow the sugar off.

3. Auxx

Jun 20, 2014
    Zvejniekciems, Latvia
    This coil was made out of 32g kanthal and was used for a week. I received 28g kanthal and wanted to try it. So I cooked old coil and threw it away without regrets.

4. Flt Simulation

Flt Simulation Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    Do they make molasses flavoring made especially for use in DIY e-juice?

If so ... anyone here try it, and what did you think about the flavor for vaping?

Maybe add just a little of the molasses flavoring to tobacco type e-juice for just a slight molasses note to the tobacco?

5. Auxx

Jun 20, 2014
    Zvejniekciems, Latvia
    Good molasses is made using natural ingredients. And natural stuff like fruits and berries contain lots of sugars, which will gunk up your coil after just a few puffs. So you can't really use molasses in any way. Some companies make juices which resemble molasses flavour, but I never tried then and don't know how good they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.