Experimenting with different PG/VG and nicotine ratios in the same flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighlanderNorth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Mid Atlantic USA
While looking around for different flavors to use in my Tornado tank when it finally gets here, I kept reading about honeysuckle flavored e-liquid, and when I went to the 3 places that were listed as the best sources of honeysuckle, they had that flavor listed on their front pages, even though they also sell many other flavors. So it must be pretty popular, so I guess it must be good.

But at one shop I saw it listed mixed with tobacco flavor, but not mixed with tobacco at another. So I went this online shop called Joggler Juice last night that was recommended, and I decided to order the honeysuckle, but I think it comes without tobacco flavor, which is OK since I also ordered some tobacco flavor e-liquid too, so if I decide to I can mix the 2.

But since I'm new to this, and dont yet know what PG/VG ratio or what nicotine level is best, I decided to order small 5 ml bottles of juice with different ratios. But I thought that it would be best to compare the different ratios in the same flavored juice so I can truly see what effect the PG or VG ratios and nicotine ratios are having without wondering if the different flavors might be effecting the outcome. With the same exact flavor with different ratios of pg/vg and nicotine, I should be able to accurately figure out which ratios are working best while not wondering whether its the different flavors that are effecting it.

So I ordered honeysuckle in 60/40% PG/VG, 73/30 and 80/20. I also went with 12mg nicotine, 16mg and 18mg. I did the 18mg in 60/40% PG/VG, the 12mg in 80/20% PG/VG because I figured the higher PG would also cause more throat hit so I lowered the nicotine in that one, and 16mg in 70/30% PG/VG.

I am getting 8oz of PG diluent in my Tornado Tank order, which should be here some time before the sun burns out! I can use it if I need more PG in these mixes, but I guess it will dilute the flavor too if I dont add more flavor.

Also, before I did enough research I ordered 10ml of e-liquid with my Tornado tank order with 36mg nicotine in tobacco flavor. I know now thats going to be way too high, so can I just mix it with tobacco flavored e-liquid with zero nicotine to dilute the 36mg down to 20 or 18mg? I would just use 1/2 of the 36mg with 1/2 zero nicotine e-liquid to get it to 18mg.

Does that idea of comparing PG/G and nicotine ratios in the same flavor make sense?

Pipe_Dream_321

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
VA, USA
If that's what it takes to find what how you like your juices mixed. It's all a matter of opinion. In general I like a 70/30 mix at 12mg. Any juice with higher nicotine feels harsh to me and i think takes away from the flavor.

It can vary company to company too. I have found trial and error with small bottles (5ml 10ml) is the way to go when I find a new company with a flavor that intrigues me.

Hope you find the perfect juices for your tastes! Happy vaping!!

HighlanderNorth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Mid Atlantic USA
If that's what it takes to find what how you like your juices mixed. It's all a matter of opinion. In general I like a 70/30 mix at 12mg. Any juice with higher nicotine feels harsh to me and i think takes away from the flavor.

It can vary company to company too. I have found trial and error with small bottles (5ml 10ml) is the way to go when I find a new company with a flavor that intrigues me.

Hope you find the perfect juices for your tastes! Happy vaping!!

I tried out Hookas a few years ago just for the heck of it, after finding a cheap hooka setup kit, and I bought different flavored tobaccos(called Shisha) from different companies, and what I noticed was there are some companies that make great quality tobacco, but there's is fairly expensive, but there are also cheap hooka tobacco companies, but there's are terrible!

Is it the same with e-liquids? Are there some companies that make mostly really good quality e-liquid, and other companies that you want to avoid altogether, or do most companies make a quality product, or do most companies have some that tastes good, and others that dont? The flavors will obviously be judged by personal preference, but I'm mainly asking about differences in overall product quality..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread