Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptJR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
S. Central Pa
www.angelfire.com
I just changed the EGO battery on my one DCT tanks. I don't think the tanks are leaking but the cartos they use get some juice at the hole in the very bottom. Is that the tank leaking or the carto?

Some of this leaked fluid is down in the battery connector hole. When I take one off the tank to replace it I always try to clean that out before I put it on the charger. I think I get the post down there but there is a little reservoir around it that I am fairly certain I don't get. Can't get at it with anything I can think of.

So, could juice down in there be responsible for or contribute to the likelihood these explosions?

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Twist up a little piece of paper towel and soak up the juice. The juice will collect dust, dirt and may cause connection problems. I guess a little juice leakage is part of life with these things.

The ingredients in e-juice seems to absorb water from the air and contribute to corrosion. Try and keep it clean.

(I avoided comment on your other questions, on purpose)

CaptJR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
S. Central Pa
www.angelfire.com
(I avoided comment on your other questions, on purpose)

I don't think I'm going to avoid it. I use two different setups all the time. Big Daddy tank with Bogi carto in it on my ProVari and DCT tank with the Smoktech cartos that are made for it on EGO batteries.

The Smoktech cartos in the DCT tanks leak like this.
The Bogi cartos in the Big Daddy tanks don't.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
I can't get mine perfectly clean either.
But gets most of the dirt and crud, and liquid out.
I'll use up some of my storage space here.

Dirty (really dirty) eGo,
Sort of clean :)
Like new (don't try this with your eGo)

Attachments

• DirtyeGo.jpg
    DirtyeGo.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 25
  • CleanereGo.jpg
    CleanereGo.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 20
  • neweGo.jpg
    neweGo.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Studio 35 Beauty Dual-Tip Cosmetic Applicators | Walgreens

These are good. I just spray quick drying Contact Cleaner in there.Also found that if I use more than 50% VG it will hang out in the carto center tube and then be released with heat from use.

Since I've been using 70/30 PG/VG, with a carto tank- I get next to nothing down there.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2011
    North Carolina, USA
    Little piece of paper towel twisted will get the post down there, it will not get the reservoir around it.

I asked this question about a month ago, and the best advice I was given was to use a wooden toothpick or the toothpick on the plastic dental floss thingies (?)....basically anything really small and pointed and non-metallic....Take that and use it to work the paper towel in and around that little groove. It's a PITA, but it works well.

*EDIT* These are the floss "thingies" - Oral-B® Glide Pro-Health plus Scope Outlast Flavor Floss Picks

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread