Eyeing disposable tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I am finally about to try some disposable tanks, I have some Lumi in the mail.
Sadly here disposable tanks are hard to come by because of market conditions - and the choice is limited.
My DTL vape is on full mesh coils (0.15 Ohm) at 75 W. The Lumi use an half-height coil of 0.3 Ohm because they are meant to work with a single battery mod, therefore below 40 W.
What brand / type of disposable tank do use a full height mesh coil?
It is possible to open those tanks, to replace the coil eventually?
What happen if a tank is a dud? They have the warranty of a tank, or of a coil?
There is any SS coiled disposable tank for TC available yet?
TIA

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This is the first I've heard of a disposable sub-ohm tank. I'm also curious why you'd want a disposable tank? :blink:

Description says it is made of a "food grade plastic", and since it is clear my guess is the material is polycarbonate. Be aware that many flavors (especially cinnamon and some fruit flavors) can cause polycarbonate to crack or melt. That is why today's tanks use glass or pyrex. Something Safe for Cinnamon & Citrus Flavors

geek_vape_lumi_disposable_mesh_tank_-_black.jpg

"The coil is not replaceable and (the tank) should be switched after about three refills on the tank. Costing about the same as a pack of replacement coils, the Geek Vape Lumi excels by offering an entire disposable tank with an integrated 0.3ohm mesh coil."

Geek Vape LUMI Disposable Mesh Tank - Element Vape

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
This is the first I've heard of a disposable sub-ohm tank.
lol I heard about them several months ago, I'm surprised they have lasted this long, but then again I guess there is need for them, but for the life of me I can't imagine why, aside from convenience but then you have to buy the whole thing again, whereas a drop-in coil tank you'd just replace the coil as needed, not the entire tank....I'd think that'd start to get rather pricey

Be aware that many flavors (cinnamon and some fruit flavors) can cause polycarbonate to crack or melt.
yes very much this!!! I bought a tank once that was supposed to be (whatever it is, safe for tank cracking juices, next step up from plastic but not glass) na....it was plastic and within a minute my juice ate right through it....

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I bought a tank once that was supposed to be (whatever it is, safe for tank cracking juices, next step up from plastic but not glass) na....it was plastic and within a minute my juice ate right through it....
I remember (2012) attempting to fill a brand new clearomizer with a brand new juice (strawberry lemonade) and literally before I could finish filling it the whole tank had melted in my hands. What a mess!

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
I've seen a number of tank silicone seals including fill hole seals that have swollen and become distorted over the past year or so, subsequently determined that the cause is one or more terpenes, inc Limonene, a common liquid flavouring.

High concentrations risk seal damage. Industrial silicon seal production companies warn against their products use in pump systems that transport such terpenes.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I've run the SikaryUSA NuNu, the iJoy Mystique, the Blitz Mate, the Augvape Jewel, and the Geekvape Lumi. I have not yet tried the TeslaOne or the Preco tank. My least favorite is the Geekvape Lumi. My favorite is the Blitz Mate.

The reason for trying and using them is simple. They're cheaper then frequently replacing glass. These tanks are STURDY. Drop 'em on the floor, no problem. Bounce 'em off the wall, no problem. Smack 'em with a hammer, no problem (until the 10th or 15th blow). And, the tanks are cheap... Not much more than a coil head for a large subohm tank. The coils are on par with any other mesh coils I've tried. Running clean juice around 50 watts, I'm getting 2 days of life out of a dual 18650 mod and roughly 180ml of juice through the coil. Running sweeter juice or vaping at higher wattage reduces coil life. Then, I get through around 60ml.

Reasons not to try them include waste - although they're food grade plastic, most recycling centers will reject them - and the possibility that some juices might affect the plastic.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I've run the SikaryUSA NuNu, the iJoy Mystique, the Blitz Mate, the Augvape Jewel, and the Geekvape Lumi. I have not yet tried the TeslaOne or the Preco tank. My least favorite is the Geekvape Lumi. My favorite is the Blitz Mate.

The reason for trying and using them is simple. They're cheaper then frequently replacing glass. These tanks are STURDY. Drop 'em on the floor, no problem. Bounce 'em off the wall, no problem. Smack 'em with a hammer, no problem (until the 10th or 15th blow). And, the tanks are cheap... Not much more than a coil head for a large subohm tank. The coils are on par with any other mesh coils I've tried. Running clean juice around 50 watts, I'm getting 2 days of life out of a dual 18650 mod and roughly 180ml of juice through the coil. Running sweeter juice or vaping at higher wattage reduces coil life. Then, I get through around 60ml.

Reasons not to try them include waste - although they're food grade plastic, most recycling centers will reject them - and the possibility that some juices might affect the plastic.

What I like about the concept is they’re a sort of backwards way around pod proprietary issues. Put one on a sealed battery mod and you’ve basically got a pod system that won’t go out of production because the pod and battery both have multiple manufacturers.

GreySG

Dec 27, 2013
AL, USA
I like the SikaryUSA NuNu. It lasts about a month for me, maybe 100 mls, runs at ~42 watts and works well. I picked up a number of packs for $6 which is cheaper than most drop in mesh coils. Why? Because unlike my glass tanks I can put them in my backup kit without wondering if they will be broken when I need one. I gave a couple of packs to my daughter because she habitually launches her vape gear. Out of 6 supertanks she has three without broken/cracked glass ;-)

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Here it is, got an half dozen.
Don't know yet, I am evaluating. It cost as two coils. Certainly good for travel with a similarly plasticky mod.
The drip tip is... I don't get it why, don't like it. The color, also, orange, I choose wrong, as it is hard to match to a mod.
Again, evaluating. Thanks for all you input so far, I'll post more as I try the thing...

15533514425126652480500399036899.jpg

Edit. Hello Shawn, a question x you, out of sheer curiosity.
You say the Lumi is your least preference. Can I ask you why?
Per note, the Lumi is the only one I were able to source in the standard size, the market here is somewhat limited for normally sized tanks.
One thing I don't like of the Lumi is the choice of half-height mesh, I normally use full height mesh coils, which requires double of the rated power of the Lumi.
Thanks,
Anthony

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread