facebook and vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urge

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Shrubburbia Ma.
My wife is not a vaper nor was she a smoker. She doesn't come on this forum at all. My wife does belong to facebook but I don't. She gets all these "suggested groups" on the right side of her facebook page and she is getting all these suggestions for vaping groups i.e.Juices by upstomp, Total vaping Network, Quest vaping, Hooligan vapes, Gothic vaping, and New England Vapers. The only one of these I have even heard of is New England vapers and last saturday I went to a vape meet they had. My wife is POed because she uses her facebook page for the business we own. How can I stop this intrusive behavior? I looked at all the options on facebook but didn't see anything that would help.Has anyone here had to deal with this issue?

Thanks, Urge

Urge

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Shrubburbia Ma.
SupplyDaddy wrote...
Are you two using the same computer without separate accounts?

If so.. NSA got ya.. cookies and google (or bing or ask) since Facebook looks at your cookies, just like most sites do.

Yes, we are using the same computer account. This makes sense since it wasn't an issue until she opened up a facebook page on our home computer.
Anyway to get around this?

Urge

Last edited:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
The suggested groups or "people you may know" suggestions in the sidebar are unique you you, so nobody else sees your suggestions when they view your profile, they see suggestions tailored to them instead, so nothing there should be impacting the business or her page as seen by others

I have not been able to find an option to turn off those suggestions. Over the last couple of years FB has played around with the security and privacy options available to users and they have completely removed several options in regard to privacy . . . which doesn't sit well with me, but I just don't do very much on there anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread