The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

*facedesks*

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Orobas, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Orobas

Orobas Equine Disrespect Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2012
    Jarhead City
    Rant on.

Don't recommend rebuildables to someone unless you're willing to take responsibility for providing either firsthand instruction on how to rebuild and check the resistance of coils, or you have some resources on hand so that they can teach themselves.

I have a group on the social media platform SecondLife, where I and several other vapers shoot the bucket about what we're vaping tonight or what we're expecting in the mail. Today, the following occurred:

"Why are you so mean, Orobas?"
    Because I'm more concerned about your well-being than your feels.

Rant off.

2. CreepyLady

CreepyLady Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Salem, MA, USA
    :shock: You did well with patience...YIKES.

3. Orobas

Jun 3, 2012
    Jarhead City
    All my wut.

4. GMayberry

GMayberry Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2014
    Virginia
    I have been using RDA's for about a month now. I wanted one 4 months ago, but didn't know enough yet. I felt like I knew enough to finally get a single coil, so I did. Last week, I jumped into my first dual coil. These are nothing to play around with! As previously mentioned, GREAT JOB keeping your patience! :D

5. InTheShade

InTheShade Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    I agree mostly. If I recommend a rebuildable - especially for use on an unregulated device - I make sure to include a line or two about battery and coil safety.

But I am also of the opinion that if you buy anything, you alone are responsible for doing your own research and using it in a safe manner.

6. InTheShade

InTheShade Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    LOL, that is epic...

7. GMayberry

GMayberry Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2014
    Virginia
    Let me guess... they have it around .2Ω on stacked 18350's right? :facepalm: :evil:

8. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's not the rebuildable that's the problem, its the MECH.

A lot of people can save bigtime by getting a rebuildable and a roll of 30 gauge kanthal instead of buying replacement coils, and put that on an ego or regulated mod.

9. Orobas

Jun 3, 2012
    Jarhead City
    newfriend claims factory spec from the (ebay) vendor was 1.2 ohms. but it's a dual coil and two resistors in parallel are another game entirely. Said she was using it on a spinner so at least there's shortage protection in that.

I more or less agree with you @intheshade, but if we're going to recommend we need to do our part. Still, yes, the buyer must also do theirs.

10. tazzle

tazzle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Athens, Greece
    Yes, absolutely! But just as someone navigating things alone, I see so much chatter about vaping generally that makes it seem like you need to be using mechs and reubuilding right away OR GO HOME.

I know I, a very laid-back and usually smart middle-aged lady, was feeling kind of like wut wut WHY AM I NOT ALREADY USING A MECH AND SUB-OHMING AND ... after reading a lot of online stuff when I first started. Six months after starting vaping, I finally built my own (1.5 ohm) coils for my Kayfun Lite to run on my VV devices, and that's totally fine, and feels just right, but I had to forcibly relax the idea that I was a big loser for not jumping right into mechs and rebuildables and sub-ohming, blah blah etc. A young male-type person is probably going to feel that pressure a whole lot more, I'm guessing.

11. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Exactly right.
    Rebuildables are a desirable way to go for most people, but they are being MISINFORMED by the impression that they need to use a MECH or to subohm.

12. Alter

Alter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    Kewl.... Next time I visit Secondlife, I'll be sure to look up some of the vape group(s) in there. I never thought of looking for a vape group in that virtual world.
    I play the There.com world mostly but have had a avatar in SL since 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.