Farther from heating element, less throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the longer drip tip will help cool the vapor a bit , you may get the same effect from just dropping the voltage a notch or two and going to a more VG heavy juice, PG is more TH less vapor then VG.

How would the length of a drip tip effect the way an air hole is lined up with a coil?? Drip tips stick into the business end. Is that where the hole on your rba is? Longer drip tips don't sit any deeper. I don't understand.

dont know how the RBA came into this lol but on an rba they wick and airhole is in a different position and can be adjusted unlike a clearo or nova type atty. when the airstream is facing directly on the wick the TH is reduced and vapor production is increased when turned off the wick it is the opposite.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
If all else is equal, yes. But in most cases the difference will be fairly subtle.

This^

I find that adding distance from the atty will make a bigger difference on the heat of the vapor than the strength of TH. For the most part a you can use a longer DT for a cooler vape with little effect to TH.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Arctherus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
California
One of the reasons I ask is because of the heat factor. For instance when you crank up the voltage, you tend to feel more throat hit, so I thought maybe it was the heat factor that determines some bit of throat hit(Aside from ofcourse the strength of nicotine) When I say a really long drip tip, Im not just talking about a cherry vape universal with a 1 inch long drip tip. I mean several inches, more closer to 6-8 inches. At this distance do you thin throat hit would be diminished at all or would it barely affect it?

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
it might actually make it stronger as this is the idea behind the spheroid, using a long tube over the head inside the body to compact the vapor and intensify the TH and nic as well as strengthening the flavor.
you could get a soda straw or some aquarium type tubing or something and just experiment first.

with the spheroid design you actually have to lower the nic level as it makes everything stronger.

im thinking you may be confusing too hot vapor scorching your throat for TH, TH is just feeling something going down your throat like cig smoke and it can be cool or hot.

Last edited:

Arctherus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
California
If you have used a long pipe stem with an epipe before, the long-ness of the tip actually allows the vapor to cool and expand, so by the time it reaches your mouth, it is a rather cool vape. However, you are 100% right about the spheroid, as the tube is directing above the heating element, and condenses the vapor. Now I am ravaging through my house looking for a straw to test out my concept :laugh:

Arctherus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
California
Update* I couldn't find a straw unfortunately. Lol. But I managed to stack a total of 4 inches of a drip tip, and after several drags I can say that distance, atleast with a 4 inches, that throat hit was affected very little, if any. That being said, if I was to double to distance to 8 inches, it would double the effect, which like I said, was barely any. So I would think that with this small sample test that I can safely conclude to it has very little to do with throat hit :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread