Fast clean for atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeteranTrickster

Mar 28, 2018
Hey! I'm on a trip and walking and sightseeing all the time. I noticed that my atomizer is in really bad shape, and I tought that is there anyway to clean the cotton to get more white again? And I really don't have time finding a vapeshop or anything else like that. So, how do I clean it fast and bring it more alive even a little bit? Fill tank with water and sit? Or something else? Quick answer please. Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can try to revive your coil by a short water boil and soak overnight, or a soak in vodka and everclear, yes. (Make sure with whatever method you rinse well, dry thoroughly and etc. If you are in a hurry, well, a blowdryer set on low can get your coil dry faster than airdrying it.

Your results may or may not be stellar, depending on the state of the coil, type of coil etc. but you could certainly give it a shot. I quit reusing my coils as I never felt they were getting fully clean, and would tend to die on me sort of randomly within the next several 48 hours, so I halted the practice.

However, in a pinch it may be worth a try for sure. Don't fill the tank with water it won't clean the coil and may result in just-- leaking. Etc.

Hope something works for you.

Anna

VeteranTrickster

Mar 28, 2018
You can try to revive your coil by a short water boil and soak overnight, or a soak in vodka and everclear, yes. (Make sure with whatever method you rinse well, dry thoroughly and etc. If you are in a hurry, well, a blowdryer set on low can get your coil dry faster than airdrying it.

Your results may or may not be stellar, depending on the state of the coil, type of coil etc. but you could certainly give it a shot. I quit reusing my coils as I never felt they were getting fully clean, and would tend to die on me sort of randomly within the next several 48 hours, so I halted the practice.

However, in a pinch it may be worth a try for sure. Don't fill the tank with water it won't clean the coil and may result in just-- leaking. Etc.

Hope something works for you.

Anna
Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I realize this won’t help you now, but I prepare for outings. I clean the tank, replace and Prime the coil, and fully charge up before I go. I have back ups for my back ups.
( I learned this the hard way lol)
I agree that washing old coils is not a real fix, and it’s not quick, either. The fastest way is replacement. If that’s not an option, try lowering the wattage a bit, see if you can get a few more miles out of it. Dumping the juice out, if it’s funky, and refilling can help a little too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread