Favorite MTL RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulSh

Jan 18, 2017
So over the last three weeks I decided to build all my favorite RTAs with the same coil and the use the same juice.
The coil is a clapton .70
The juice is orchard blends (by five pawns) pinapple kiwi

The tanks in order of my preference ...
1. Taifun GT 111 - This has only one drawback - it is very large. It is also a loose MTL which I prefer) but you can set it tighter with a very easy to adjust AFC. It also has juice control which is easy to set. It is 22mm and holds 5ml of e-juice so it really tall. Looks best on a SBS but I have it on my Neo for laughs. Flavor is just on point. No leaks. No dry hits if you don't stuff with cotton. Less is more.

2. Kayfun Lite 2022 - They improved the tank with this iteration. It is now much much easier to refill as the bottom comes off without a struggle. The air flow is adjusted through the 510 pin which means you cannot easily adjust it when on the go (you need a screwdriver and you need to remove the tank from the mod. Also it only holds 2ml and is bottom fill. But the flavor - as good as the GT 111. Alaso no leaks. No dry hits.

3. Kayfun Prime - I have the DLC version. So pretty. Although it is slightly taller than the Lite it still holds only 2ml. But like the above two attys it is 22mm which I really like. And its top fill. And it is pretty easy adjusting the AFC. I am not as fond as the juice control system as you need to spin the tank but it works and it does not leak. Flavor is quite good - it's a Kayfun after all.

4. Steampipes Cabeo - This is a strange one. Its an RDTA like no other. There is no cotton going down into the tank. No mesh wires. It works by capillary action but amazingly it works. This tank is 23.5mm and holds over 5ml of juice. Fairly easy to fill too and I got no leaks and surprisingly no dry hits. It is again a large tank. And the flavor is not quite as good as the preceding attys. But still I'm fond of this tank.

5. Squape A(rise) - Not the first Squape I've owned but by far the best for juice control and filling. Again no leaks and it is top fill. A big tank - 24mm with a 4ml capacity. It has excellent flavor and both juice control and AFC are combined on the same ring. The airier it is the more open the juice control. But it works.

6. Taifun One - This is a pain in the .... to fill. Does not leak and I never use juice control. There is minor adjustments you can do to the AFC. This is the worst type of bottom fill. You really need needle point bottle to fill but flavor is very good.

The there are the few tanks I never use much. I do like the Dvarw 22 mm. It leaks it is bottom fill (unless you buy accross vape top fill accesory (which I have) and it is set air flow. Not a fan. I used to use my Bishop and Pioneer too but the other tanks I own above are simply better although both Bishop and Pioneer for the price are certainly worth the cost. I'm just spoiled.

Now happy to hear what you guys have for prefered MTL vape.

Timbo87

Dec 29, 2020
So over the last three weeks I decided to build all my favorite RTAs with the same coil and the use the same juice.
The coil is a clapton .70
The juice is orchard blends (by five pawns) pinapple kiwi

The tanks in order of my preference ...
1. Taifun GT 111 - This has only one drawback - it is very large. It is also a loose MTL which I prefer) but you can set it tighter with a very easy to adjust AFC. It also has juice control which is easy to set. It is 22mm and holds 5ml of e-juice so it really tall. Looks best on a SBS but I have it on my Neo for laughs. Flavor is just on point. No leaks. No dry hits if you don't stuff with cotton. Less is more.

2. Kayfun Lite 2022 - They improved the tank with this iteration. It is now much much easier to refill as the bottom comes off without a struggle. The air flow is adjusted through the 510 pin which means you cannot easily adjust it when on the go (you need a screwdriver and you need to remove the tank from the mod. Also it only holds 2ml and is bottom fill. But the flavor - as good as the GT 111. Alaso no leaks. No dry hits.

3. Kayfun Prime - I have the DLC version. So pretty. Although it is slightly taller than the Lite it still holds only 2ml. But like the above two attys it is 22mm which I really like. And its top fill. And it is pretty easy adjusting the AFC. I am not as fond as the juice control system as you need to spin the tank but it works and it does not leak. Flavor is quite good - it's a Kayfun after all.

4. Steampipes Cabeo - This is a strange one. Its an RDTA like no other. There is no cotton going down into the tank. No mesh wires. It works by capillary action but amazingly it works. This tank is 23.5mm and holds over 5ml of juice. Fairly easy to fill too and I got no leaks and surprisingly no dry hits. It is again a large tank. And the flavor is not quite as good as the preceding attys. But still I'm fond of this tank.

5. Squape A(rise) - Not the first Squape I've owned but by far the best for juice control and filling. Again no leaks and it is top fill. A big tank - 24mm with a 4ml capacity. It has excellent flavor and both juice control and AFC are combined on the same ring. The airier it is the more open the juice control. But it works.

6. Taifun One - This is a pain in the .... to fill. Does not leak and I never use juice control. There is minor adjustments you can do to the AFC. This is the worst type of bottom fill. You really need needle point bottle to fill but flavor is very good.

The there are the few tanks I never use much. I do like the Dvarw 22 mm. It leaks it is bottom fill (unless you buy accross vape top fill accesory (which I have) and it is set air flow. Not a fan. I used to use my Bishop and Pioneer too but the other tanks I own above are simply better although both Bishop and Pioneer for the price are certainly worth the cost. I'm just spoiled.

Now happy to hear what you guys have for prefered MTL vape.
I must admit i love my suicide mods ether, took me a while to get wicking right but once i did i found it an excellent rta.

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Reactions: PaulSh

PaulSh

Jan 18, 2017
2 out 5 ain’t bad. #kayfun

I've been using Kayfuns for 7 years. My two favorites are the new Kayfun Lite 2022 - not the second rendition but the third - and the Kayfun Prime. I only prefer the GT 111 because it holds more ejuice. And I never bought the GT IV because there was no need after the GT 111. But these Taifuns are tall and need an SBS to look right. But for taste all the Taifuns and Kayfuns are excellent.

I must admit i love my suicide mods ether, took me a while to get wicking right but once i did i found it an excellent rta.

The Ether is very good - I've used it. But if I went down my list after the ones I mentioned as best for me, the Tripod and the Bishop would probably be next in line followed by the Pioneer, Gate and Ether. I'm not a huge of RDTAs. I only use the Cabeo. And trust me I've had a few. I also as mentioned am not a fan of the Dvarw 22 although I had a Dvarw 16 which was great other than capacity and overall tiny size. I also never liked any of the Hussars. Their tanks cracked on me.

Over the years I've used too many RTAs to remember them all. I've used the Tilehamas, Rose, Pico and many more ... I ended up trading most for Kayfuns and kept the two Kayfuns I liked best. No doubt there many out there that have other favorites - that's what this hobby is about. If you prefer an Ether than go for it. It was a popular tank even among the high end vapers when it came out.

Reactions: Max Power

Timbo87

Dec 29, 2020
I've been using Kayfuns for 7 years. My two favorites are the new Kayfun Lite 2022 - not the second rendition but the third - and the Kayfun Prime. I only prefer the GT 111 because it holds more ejuice. And I never bought the GT IV because there was no need after the GT 111. But these Taifuns are tall and need an SBS to look right. But for taste all the Taifuns and Kayfuns are excellent.

The Ether is very good - I've used it. But if I went down my list after the ones I mentioned as best for me, the Tripod and the Bishop would probably be next in line followed by the Pioneer, Gate and Ether. I'm not a huge of RDTAs. I only use the Cabeo. And trust me I've had a few. I also as mentioned am not a fan of the Dvarw 22 although I had a Dvarw 16 which was great other than capacity and overall tiny size. I also never liked any of the Hussars. Their tanks cracked on me.

Over the years I've used too many RTAs to remember them all. I've used the Tilehamas, Rose, Pico and many more ... I ended up trading most for Kayfuns and kept the two Kayfuns I liked best. No doubt there many out there that have other favorites - that's what this hobby is about. If you prefer an Ether than go for it. It was a popular tank even among the high end vapers when it came out.
So much i want to try, but funds its probably highly unlikely I'll end up getting high end gear seems to be be always something i need to get more important need to get.... unfortunately [emoji23]

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

• Optimistic
Reactions: PaulSh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread