Status
Not open for further replies.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
giphy.gif

That doesn't sound good... at all...
So just about every new product would be non-compliant? Do non-US manufacturers go through the hassle of registering/getting approved anything?

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I like this part as it is quite funny.

"The FDA could even confiscate shipments to individuals from China or other countries after mail inspections."

There are USPS branches in China and most like fasttech ship this way and label the package electronic parts or metal tube. The packages are brought to customs front door by USPS and picked up at the rear door by USPS for delivery. Not likely to catch much as they don't really inspect much. So what are they going to do random inspection and seizure here and there for show?

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
smok is going to be the most impacted manufacturer. They aren't going to be able to put out a new product (at least to US customers) every couple of weeks. This COULD actually be a good thing. They have the market share and money to comply with the rules, but they will have to slow down and make better products to do it. The result could actually be better products from them.

I just hope Evolv has all their ducks in a row for this.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
So what are they going to do random inspection and seizure here and there for show?
Major customs hubs in Germany have scanners with some magic computer item recognition, non-compliant vape stuff that goes through there doesn't have a very high chance to reach the customer.
I don't know how exactly it works (as obviously that's classified) but I think certain senders could land on a "closer inspection" list pretty quickly.

I think the bigger problem would be shops and manufacturers, almost everything they sell now is from after 2016 and most likely not registered. Also sellers from outside the US, like eg BB in Canada, might stop delivering to the US.

Here shops started to sue each other over the sale of non-compliant items, don't even need the vape police...

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
True but Customs here is unlikely to invest in that equipment. To much money for USPS involved in shipping all that stuff from China.

At any rate I have enough mods and tanks to last for the rest of my life and they all work just fine. There could be better stuff in the pipeline but I can live without it if need be. Pretty much have enough nicotine frozen to last for years as well. Don't think they can do much about VG and flavorings as they have other uses

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Most of us reading this thread were not vaping when the FDA had US Customs seize shipments of vape related gear. I don't recall the date, but it was circa 2007 - 2009.

Most of the online vape stores were never able to recover their losses and went out of business, and of course there were no B&M shops at that time. No legitimate business can survive for over a month without product to sell. NJoy eventually filed a lawsuit which stopped the customs seizures after several months of being in effect, but that was then and this is now.

We're in a deep fix. :mad:

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I like this part as it is quite funny.

"The FDA could even confiscate shipments to individuals from China or other countries after mail inspections."

There are USPS branches in China and most like fasttech ship this way and label the package electronic parts or metal tube. The packages are brought to customs front door by USPS and picked up at the rear door by USPS for delivery. Not likely to catch much as they don't really inspect much. So what are they going to do random inspection and seizure here and there for show?
The prior fiasco of seized shipments is what caused China and FT to label their packages this way. At first they offered it as an option, then just decided it was better to label all of their packages this way.

Yeah, those were rough times and everyone was on a hell of a roller coaster ride. Personally, I refuse to go through that again.....too draining. Hope every one is well stocked cause it could get real......very soon.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Seeing how the FDA has NOT APPROVED ANY applications that have been submitted to them since they involked the mandated applications process, then that means virtually everything we have on the market today. So if inspected, they will take everything.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Seeing how the FDA has NOT APPROVED ANY applications that have been submitted to them since they involked the mandated applications process, then that means virtually everything we have on the market today. So if inspected, they will take everything.
Sad reality, time is long overdue for Vapers to hammer their Representatives to let them know that you Vape and you Volt.

I put a lot of the blame of inaction on the manufactures for the inaction. Their participation is pathetic, less than 10%.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I know I have a lot of stuff, but when reading things like this, can there ever be enough? I would like to store up some more regulated squonkers. The mechanicals don't go bad. This kind of news always leaves me with a sense of panic.
Don't panic just stock up. However, I may be more inclined to pay a few extra $ to buy from US instead of China simply for the faster shipping and not having to go thru customs, etc.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sad reality, time is long overdue for Vapers to hammer their Representatives to let them know that you Vape and you Volt.

I put a lot of the blame of inaction on the manufactures for the inaction. Their participation is pathetic, less than 10%.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Altho I do agree most (not all) of the hardware manufacture's are in China. And they probably just think the US is throwing a tantrum and are waiting to see how it will play out. There has already been a few 'cry wolfs' already and I am sure they will all be just fine supplying the rest of the world with vape gear.

:)

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Don't panic just stock up. However, I may be more inclined to pay a few extra $ to buy from US instead of China simply for the faster shipping and not having to go thru customs, etc.
I will be buying from the U.S. now. I'm afraid my FT, 3F, Gearbest days are over as long as this is popping up.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
As much as I believe in having a good stock myself, I don't thing there's any real threat that will come to pass in the next few months. That's plenty of time to do a little research and make a few buys. No need to panic, just put together a plan and follow it through this spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread