Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Forgive me if this is old hat for many of you, but I see no mention in the New Member Forum of the e-cigarette regulations recently proposed by the FDA. If you are new to vaping, you should be aware of the fact that some of these regulations threaten to regulate most e-cigarette purveyors out of existence and leave the manufacture and sale of e-cigarettes to Big Tobacco. Is it a bad idea to prohibit sales to children? No. Is it a bad idea to require disclosure of ingredients? Not in my opinion. Is it a bad idea to impose some reasonable quality standards on e-cigarette juice? Not in my opinion. Is it a bad idea to require that every e-cigarette product--atomizers, tanks, batteries, mods, every flavor and concentration of juice, etc.--be subject to a draconian, protracted and prohibitively expensive FDA approval process? IMO, it most certainly is.

There are at least 8 brainwashed US senators who already appear to be convinced that e-cigarettes pose a significant threat to public health, not only to the health of users, but to children and bystanders as well. (For reasons which escape me, I'm not allowed to post links, so Google "Letter to Margaret Hamburg E-Cigarette's Harmful Chemical Releases"). There are powerful, well funded interests who would like nothing better than to see most e-cigarettes and their purveyors regulated into extinction. These include sources such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Big Pharmaceutical companies and Big Tobacco companies. They also include any number of smaller organizations and their employees who derive their livelihood from opposing any sort of harm reduction strategy that does not line the pockets of Big Pharma. These people are not above resorting to junk science and outright lies to advance their agenda.

Therefore, I urge every new member to visit this site's FDA Regulations forum, to visit the CASAA site, to join CASAA if you agree with their position on this issue, and to follow their advice on how to make our voices heard above the din of lies and misinformation in the public media and in virtually every federal, state and local governing body's meeting room. It may be an uphill battle, we may be outnumbered and out-financed, but I harbor the naive hope that evidence and reason may eventually prevail.

After smoking analog cigarettes for over 40 years and having employed virtually every known means to quit (patches, gum, tapering off, cold turkey, Wellbutrin, Chantix, hypnotism, inspirational books, etc.), the only thing that worked for me was e-cigarettes--not the analog look-a-likes sold by Big Tobacco, but the kind invented, perfected and sold by small start-up companies. I have been completely smoke free for two years and two months. I don't miss smoking cigarettes in the least. The benefits to my health have been immense and obvious. I believe e-cigarettes will prolong my life long enough to watch my grandchildren grow up.

There are hundreds and hundreds of thousands who have had the same positive outcome. And yet the FDA and the ANTZs proclaim that there is "no reliable evidence that e-cigarettes are an effective means to quit smoking." These lies need to be totally discredited or they will continue and the result will be that these regulations will be implemented. Nobody in a position of authority is going to pay any attention to this post or anything else posted here. We're just preaching to the choir here. The truth needs to get out where it might do some good. I am just a lowly consumer, but I intend to become very active. I sincerely hope you'll join me.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

There are hundreds and hundreds of thousands who have had the same positive outcome. And yet the FDA and the ANTZs proclaim that there is "no reliable evidence that e-cigarettes are an effective means to quit smoking." ...

It would be Nice if Somehow the ECF could Collect all the Names/Signatures of ECF Members, who choose to, and to generate a 20,000 name list of people who Quit Using an e-Cigarette.

And then Send it to the FDA, CDC, every Member of the House / Senate and All the major Media Outlets.

Bobbilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Canada
Remember "the plural of ancedote is not data " don't think cdc cares.

Maybe it's time to revive the old Iraqi information minister meme. "There no people quitting smoking".
dygybesa.jpg

Last edited:

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
It would be Nice if Somehow the ECF could Collect all the Names/Signatures of ECF Members, who choose to, and to generate a 20,000 name list of people who Quit Using an e-Cigarette.

And then Send it to the FDA, CDC, every Member of the House / Senate and All the major Media Outlets.

CASAA is collecting these. Membership is free. Please visit their website and add your name/story.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
That's nice, but you have over 14,000 posts on this site and I have 6. As a result, I'm unable to post anything, not even a reply, in the FDA thread. I have never been on a website with these kinds of restrictions.

Frankly, my enthusiasm is quickly evaporating. I feel sure there are many people who might be interested in discussing the proposed FDA regulations and who might become active in opposing them, but on the newbie forum it's buried among avid discussions of such things as "Clearing a Kayfun Lite leak," a thread which has attracted far more attention than my post on proposed regulations which threaten to eviscerate the entire e-cigarette industry.

But by all means continue with the mantra: "If you haven't posted X number of trivial crap on the newbie board you can't post anything on the only board that interests you."

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as personal. I have no idea if you've had anything to do with creating these posting restrictions. I find it very frustrating, so please forgive me for lashing out.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as personal. I have no idea if you've had anything to do with creating these posting restrictions. I find it very frustrating, so please forgive me for lashing out.

Hey I Don't make the Rules around Here. But Understand why they are in place.

Because if they Weren't, the ECF would be Deluded by Scammers, Spammers, Bots and Drive By Hit and Run by Posts. Be patient. Make a few more Posts. And you'll get to where you want to go.

I think you will find that Most of the People here are Nice.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Hey I Don't make the Rules around Here. But Understand why they are in place.

Because if they Weren't, the ECF would be Deluded by Scammers, Spammers, Bots and Drive By Hit and Run by Posts. Be patient. Make a few more Posts. And you'll get to where you want to go.

I think you will find that Most of the People here are Nice.

Well, I'd like to think I'm not so vulnerable to delusion as this site may fear :)

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
The truth needs to get out where it might do some good. I am just a lowly consumer, but I intend to become very active. I sincerely hope you'll join me.

Thanks you for a very well written letter.
I hope all the readers find and read this one.
Even if your "preaching to the choir here", we all need to keep this "sermon" in mind and pass it along.
It can't be said too many times.

Hang in there, your posts are counting up.
Just say "Hi" and "Congrat's" to every post in this thread, and you'll have 50 in one day :thumbs:

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Thanks you for a very well written letter.
I hope all the readers find and read this one.
Even if your "preaching to the choir here", we all need to keep this "sermon" in mind and pass it along.
It can't be said too many times.

Hang in there, your posts are counting up.
Just say "Hi" and "Congrat's" to every post in this thread, and you'll have 50 in one day :thumbs:

Hi and congrats. Am I doing this right?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread