The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ferments!

Discussion in 'Veggie Vapers' started by Tendril, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tendril

Tendril Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    USA - Illinois
    Hey Gang!

One of my new passions is fermenting. Well, I started making Kombucha 5 years ago but I didn't branch out until last spring. I started with yogurt, trying to make coconut milk yogurt.

Now I do Coconut milk Kefir, Water Kefir/Tibicos/Ginger beer and Kimchi. Anyone else making their own probiotic, nutritious and delicious ferments at home?

Also, some people consider these raw. Do you? :)

Ps. I have a hydrometer and have shooting for ~3% alcohol with my ginger beer. It takes 1 and a half days to ferment and I'm yielding over a gallon each time. I need help drinking all this stuff! :D

2. emus

emus Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2009
    I've only made yogurt from milk/butter milk/yogurt culture and I love it.

Sounds like you've made some good stuff!

3. JonnyVapΣ

JonnyVapΣ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Rochester NY
    Pass the Kimchi. Haven't had good Kimchi since my friend moved away. I hate him for that. We're talkin' good "Korean mom" Kimchi, too.

4. bobthesalesclerk

bobthesalesclerk Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    The bassist in an old band I was in was Korean and when we stopped at his mothers house on tour the food she made was INCREDIBLE. Her kimchi is to this day the best I have ever had.

Blue OG Buzz/Silver Vein Alpha/Green and Black Reo Mini FTW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.