Finally - I can post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathew R Taylor

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have been tobacco free for a long time, and more recently, after going down to 0mg strength for several months I took the batteries out of my mod and used them in something else!

I smoked for 20 years. At the heyday, 2+ packs a day, and more like 1+ packs a day when I transitioned to vaping. I would go in spurts of trying to quit, trying the medication, gum or patch whatever, and going back to smoking relatively quickly. It was late 2010, and not really looking to quit, but saw someone in a mall "smoking" (smoking indoors was banned pretty much everywhere here by this point), and asked him about it. He introduced me to the world of vaping! Looked pretty cool, like a cigarette with a light up tip, and he had a pack that served as a charger. I was fascinated so went to Volcano eCigs site and purchased my first kit. Enjoyed it, but still smoked as well. There was a company (Mad Vapes) based in a warehouse within an hour of where I live beginning to sell their own brand of ejuice that they manufactured onsite. In talking with them, they suggested my nicotine level was too low so that's why I smoked and vaped. We up to max strength (36mg at the time), and as soon as that switch was made, I never smoked again! I bought a carton of cigarettes that I kept in the freezer for the first couple of years, you know, just in case, but ended up making a celebratory bonfire for them at my 2 year cigarette free mark.

In the days, weeks, months and years, I made and tried all kinds of liquid, made and used all types of mods, coils (as well as coiling my own). Throughout much of it, this site and the people here were the encouragement when I would have questions, when I had issues, or when I needed help (and later to help back). No real rush to quit, or lower my nicotine level. It would happen sporadically. I was at 3mg strength for the majority of 2017, and late 2017 switched to 0 nic. After months of that, I finally charged my batteries for the last time in May of this year.

Although I switched my Mother In Law to vaping a few years ago, the damage from a life time of smoking was already done, and she succumbed to Small Cell Carcinoma in May, coinciding with my final vape.

I say all this to share my story because I am proud of my journey, but also to urge my fellow brothers and sisters out there in the analog smoking world to .... out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread