Finaly free after 38 years of Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have only just started in vaping and brought a Ego-T CE4 and 2 CE5 tanks and 5 replacement Atties from EVape in OZ and some ejuice, I have now been smoke free for just over 2 weeks now after 38 years of smoking and I would like to replace the CE4 tanks with a better one.
I was thinking of the KangerTech EVOD Glass Bottom Dual Coil Clearomizer, and was wondering what your thoughts were about this product or any other suggestions on what I should now upgrade to?

Eugene.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Evods are very nice clearomizers. I have not yet had the chance to try the glass ones but my old plastic models are still going strong at 6 months old. A very simple fill it up and go setup and a nice place for a beginner to settle in for awhile.

Welcome to ECF and Congratz on making a great decision to vape!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi Whizgig, welcome to ECF -- looks like you and I are almost neck and neck; I just quit 3 wks ago, after 39 yrs of smoking. Ain't it great?!?!?! :thumbs:

I don't have that particular setup, but I *can* tell you that the Kanger T3S clearos that I have are truly awesome, so their other products are probably pretty great too; for my glass tank I have a SmokTech ARO, but it's huge, 3.5ml, so I'm about to get a Kanger Protank II Mini, mainly because I like these plastic Kanger tanks so much, and I hear such great things about the PT II Mini. Dunno if that's at all helpful to you, but those Kanger tanks are pretty awesome.

Andria

Wow That was quick I only posted a few minuets ago, Thanks for the reply's and the congrats on giving up Smoking and the advice on the EVOD unit I will order them this week along with some replacement coils, I also have convinced my wife and my daughter to change from Analogs to Vaping as well so this week has been the first time our house has been a smoke free zone.:)

I have noticed that my taste buds are starting to come back and things taste allot more potent than they used to so that's a plus and breathing allot better too, I wish I had known of e cigs years ago.

Eugene.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
+1 on the mini Protank.

I prefer a glass clearomizer. I haven't seen or tried the glass Evod, but the original Evods are decent. I personally think the flavors are cleaner, less muted, with a glass tank. Definitely safe for all types of liquids, since some are known as "tank crackers". The only down that I'd know of would be that I hear dual coils use up you liquid faster.

Congrats on quitting. After 38 years, that's so AWESOME! Welcome to the Family :)

+1 on the mini Protank.

I prefer a glass clearomizer. I haven't seen or tried the glass Evod, but the original Evods are decent. I personally think the flavors are cleaner, less muted, with a glass tank. Definitely safe for all types of liquids, since some are known as "tank crackers". The only down that I'd know of would be that I hear dual coils use up you liquid faster.

Congrats on quitting. After 38 years, that's so AWESOME! Welcome to the Family :)

So Huckleberried do you think it would be best to only have a single coil rather than a dual coil unit?

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
So Huckleberried do you think it would be best to only have a single coil rather than a dual coil unit?

I've only experienced the single coil, so in all fairness, I couldn't say. I really like the single coil. I learned to rebuild them from youtube videos and the friendly folks here. And Matt at the vape shop. Watching videos on youtube helped a lot for the visual aspect.

BearArcher1980

Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
United States
Congrats on quitting the "analogs" so they call em around here. Me personally I have been smoke free for 1 month 1 week and 3 days now and couldn't be happier with my choice. I love vaping and so does my wife. We just recently upgraded to the Kanger T3S tanks and really like them but are having problems with the juices leaking.
Sometimes they work fine other times we get leaks.
Been wondering why that is and have been playing around with them trying to get it just right so it won't leak. Becomes a pain sometimes when you lose a whole tank of liquid due to leaking out all over your hands lol.

I've only experienced the single coil, so in all fairness, I couldn't say. I really like the single coil. I learned to rebuild them from youtube videos and the friendly folks here. And Matt at the vape shop. Watching videos on youtube helped a lot for the visual aspect.

Thanks for your honest answer about this, I might get into rebuilding at a later date lol but not at the moment I still have allot to learn etc.

I am looking at dealing with Health Cabin for juice etc for the moment and starting with Tobacco flavors for a while at 24mg and the slowly cut out the nicotine as I go, so any suggestions on flavors from them in the tobacco range??

Congrats on quitting the "analogs" so they call em around here. Me personally I have been smoke free for 1 month 1 week and 3 days now and couldn't be happier with my choice. I love vaping and so does my wife. We just recently upgraded to the Kanger T3S tanks and really like them but are having problems with the juices leaking.
Sometimes they work fine other times we get leaks.
Been wondering why that is and have been playing around with them trying to get it just right so it won't leak. Becomes a pain sometimes when you lose a whole tank of liquid due to leaking out all over your hands lol.

Thanks and Congrats to you and your Wife as well, that doesn't sound very good for T3's the one I was getting is the new model but I will have to wait for HC to get them back in stock which is ok as I have a bit of time as I still have the CE4 and CE5's to use for the time being but I don't think they give enough vape for my liking it's a bit like having half a drag on an analog.

Free6413

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Spring, Texas
Wow That was quick I only posted a few minuets ago, Thanks for the reply's and the congrats on giving up Smoking and the advice on the EVOD unit I will order them this week along with some replacement coils, I also have convinced my wife and my daughter to change from Analogs to Vaping as well so this week has been the first time our house has been a smoke free zone.:)

I have noticed that my taste buds are starting to come back and things taste allot more potent than they used to so that's a plus and breathing allot better too, I wish I had known of e cigs years ago.

Eugene.

The EVOD is a great choice. Congrats on quitting the smellies. I say that because now that you will be in a smoke free environment, your sense of smell will tell you that you need to clean your house, cars and every place you used to smoke. Clothes not worn for a while (jackets especially) will need to be washed, vehicles detailed, windows cleaned, just about everything you own that has been exposed to smoke will now stink to high heaven. I know because I am still cleaning after three months. Thank God for warmer weather and "Spring Cleaning" time!!

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Thanks for your honest answer about this, I might get into rebuilding at a later date lol but not at the moment I still have allot to learn etc.

I am looking at dealing with Health Cabin for juice etc for the moment and starting with Tobacco flavors for a while at 24mg and the slowly cut out the nicotine as I go, so any suggestions on flavors from them in the tobacco range??

I'm more into the dessert type creamy flavors and mint flavors. My boyfriend really likes Halo brand Turkish. After a quick browse through Health Cabin and seeing that they carry Hangsen, I can say that their tobacco flavors get a lot of really good review from people here at ECF. You might even look at the General E-Liquid Discussion section. SO MANY good suggestions there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread