Finding an ADV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenCloud79

Feb 12, 2018
Its been about 4 months of vaping and mixing and I still have yet to find my all day vape. Curious how others found theirs. Was it based on your favorite sweet snack food, or an altered tobacco flavor you wish cigarettes tasted like?

My taste buds are still recovering. Ive had the feeling a few times where I said to myself, yes this one is it! Then the next day I try it and I cant taste that wow moment again. How long after trying new flavors did it take you to find your adv?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
The first few months I tried a lot of juices. For a while I loved French vanilla from a certain vendor. Then it was discontinued. So I tried DIY. I made a decent French vanilla and s couple of bakery flavors and some toasted almond.

Fast forward 4.5 years, and the almond is still one I use every day.

Thing is, it took a longer time than I’d have thought for my taste buds to heal. I had a lot of issues early on with not being able to taste flavors after using them a day or two. Diy saved me so much money, even in the learning curve with lots of bad mixes because I had dozens of juices on hand, so there was always something I could taste and enjoy.

I usually have 4 tanks with different flavors going at a time.

So I guess the short answer is, I found my favorites by trying a lot of stuff, but I still can’t do just one.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can't vape one flavor all day long either, I get bored. I also got into DIY early on in my vaping journey, so, it's hard to choose an ADV because I continually offer myself so many options, LOL. I guess I'd call DIY on its own my "ADV" because it's all I use, but I am constantly varying my flavors.

I do think the advantage of having many setups is the ability to switch things up. That, and better coil life since I'm not vaping all day on anything. Although I will say, it does require more setups and I also rarely leave the house without 2 or 3 vapes, either.

I would have a really hard time picking anything, honestly. Although, I did figure out a lot of my DIY preferences by tasting a lot of storebought, and kind of narrowing down the choices for what types of flavors I thought I'd like.

I'm afraid continued tasting is the way to go, although I have to say, from what you've described, it sounds like you have a tongue that likes variety. There are several ways to handle that, including maybe taking more than one tank to work or wherever, so that you can vary things, that and/or a couple of setups . The choice is entirely yours, but there are people who never find their "ADV" and I am one of them.

Anna

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I got lucky...my first vapeable mix is still my ADV. minor tweaks here and there. I smoked the same kind of cigarettes for ten years, figured one flavor would be good enough for me. lol. I found mine trying to replicate my favorite store bought juice. it's nowhere close to the original, but I like it.

at the same time, a lot of people don't have an ADV. just do what you need to do to keep of the smokes, and you're doing just fine!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I got lucky...my first vapeable mix is still my ADV. minor tweaks here and there. I smoked the same kind of cigarettes for ten years, figured one flavor would be good enough for me. lol. I found mine trying to replicate my favorite store bought juice. it's nowhere close to the original, but I like it.

at the same time, a lot of people don't have an ADV. just do what you need to do to keep of the smokes, and you're doing just fine!
Wow you must be bored. I haven't seen you posting this much in quite a while. Good to see.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I’ve been vaping for about 4 1/2 years now and for me, an “ADV” is a liquid I can vape all day - as opposed to a liquid that I will vape all day. At home I always have 3-5 mods set up with different flavors and grab whatever I fancy at the moment. When I leave the house for more than a few hours, I’ll grab a second mod just in case.

IMO, if you taste the same flavor all the time, your taste buds acclimate to it and the flavor diminishes. Same goes for sound and smell. If you live in a noisy area, you soon stop hearing the noise and if you work in an environment with a particular smell (e.g. a hospital, a farm, a fish market, etc.) you soon acclimate and smell less of it.

Last edited:

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It took me nearly a year of vaping to find 2 or 3 ADV. I do find that after a few weeks on one or two flavours i get a little bored of them. I do change my flavours around, two or three during the day.
    The 2 or 3 that i can vape on all day are Thug Juice, Solar Flare, Lightning, Heisenburg and now Mango.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I've been mixing almost two years and vape tobacco and bakery. A lot of times, I'll mix the two.

Right now I have a tank mix of sweet tobacco and shortbread biscuit.

My berry crunch is my other go-to.

I'm now making bigger batches of vanilla custard and ice cream to have steeped and on hand.

Last edited:

alvitae

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2009
    Oregon Usa
    I diy but one of my adv's I found by walking into a local shop and telling the lady behind the counter what I liked. Since she deals with literally hundreds of juices and people giving their opinions she handed me a bottle of mr miyagi. That was a number of years ago and if I have to buy store juice for some reason I still will get that.

petrotech

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 9, 2015
    indiana
    I diy but one of my adv's I found by walking into a local shop and telling the lady behind the counter what I liked. Since she deals with literally hundreds of juices and people giving their opinions she handed me a bottle of mr miyagi. That was a number of years ago and if I have to buy store juice for some reason I still will get that.

I used to love me some mr. miyagi. I had my "vape box" stolen out of my work truck one day and went to get a basic setup and some juice, and that's what they sold me. I haven't found a plum juice since then that I like.

alvitae

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2009
    Oregon Usa
    I used to love me some mr. miyagi. I had my "vape box" stolen out of my work truck one day and went to get a basic setup and some juice, and that's what they sold me. I haven't found a plum juice since then that I like.
    I know right? Who would think a plum juice would be any good? But it's nectar of the gods I tell you! Haha

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Hmm maybe I should try something drastically different. Everything im mixing is either a berry, bakery, icecream, and chocolate tobaccos. Anyone have a good recipe for a sour apple, or some type of sour candy type?
    I use tfa
    Hmm maybe I should try something drastically different. Everything im mixing is either a berry, bakery, icecream, and chocolate tobaccos. Anyone have a good recipe for a sour apple, or some type of sour candy type?
    i like TFA Apple candy. Not exactly sour sour, but sort of like Jolly Rancher green apple candy. I do 10%. You could add sour if you like.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I've been mixing almost two years and vape tobacco and bakery. A lot of times, I'll mix the two.

Right now I have a tank mix of sweet tobacco and shortbread biscuit.

My berry crunch is my other go-to.

I'm now making bigger batches of vanilla custard and ice cream to have steeped and on hand.
    Mmm berry crunch! I have that in two tanks right now!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread