First Build... (not perfect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillypanda

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
new york
Let me first say how pics are SOO deceiving. Looking at all the pics posted of everyone's build, I naturally assume that the inner length and wire gauges are bigger than it actually was. Man was I shocked when I pulled out the wire :lol:.. putting the cotton in was a pain :-x

So, this is my very first coil build EVER! Got my Infinite Magma Clone (first RDA ever!) a few days ago. Used 28G Kanther A1, 6 wraps (if I counted correctly) at 1mm (does this count as a micro coil? thought more wraps equal better flavor). Wanted to build something simple so I went with a single. I meant to build a .6 coil but it came out to .8... o_O not complaining though since everything seems to be working properly. coils heat up evenly and this created a LOT more vapor than I thought it would..

My only problem is, the flavor is completely muted. I used the same juice in this build as the one in my Atlantis (wanted to compare) and I barely tasted it. I plan on making a dual .6 build tonight after work. would that bring out the flavor more? Also, the throat hit was harsh.. could that be from not enough juice on the cotton?

My everyday set up is the IPV2S and the Atlantis V1

Feed backs please!! :w00t:

Last edited:
Reactions: MattyTny

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Ahhaha.. Glad I didn't purchase the cotton in bulk! Pics and videos makes things seem so much bigger :p
Yes that happens with pics. It must slide in coil with little resistance. Roll just the tip to get it going in,not all of it. If it gets stuck before you place it where you want,don't pull harder,you are using too much.

Reactions: sillypanda

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
I'm wondering it thats the case with what i've been building on my Lemo 2. regardless of what coil i've been building the flavour has been muted. i've tried at least 5-6 different coils and each one was the same.
For me it was on my first build. No flavour. Second was nice but flooding. Third was spot on.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
If you switch to cellucotton, you will have better results. With that, when you feel some resistance without disturbing the coil, it will be right. I could never succeed with getting the right amount of cotton in mine. Made the switch, and vapes like a dream. I tried the tiny coils, and they burned the wicking. Right now I am coiling at 2.25 (US #1) on knitting needles.

sillypanda

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
new york
Built my 2nd coils yesterday! It's a dualie on my new Zenith V2 Clone and its almost perfect!! 6 wraps per wire, 28G Kanthal A1's. I turned on my ohm meter and it read 1.5 o_O (trying to build .6 ohm) but whatevers.. screwed it on my IPV2S and it read .6 (perfect!!) So I'm now on the market for a good meter especially for sub ohming (any recommendations?)

The taste is aaaaaaaaaalmost comparable to my Atlantis but not quite. I think I'm still on the heavy handed side with the cotton. hehe. Overall, I'm not complaining! :banana::vapor:

sillypanda

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
new york
These guys make nice box ohm meters, very accurate.
USA OHM METERS
I have the ultimate omh meter, decent price.

Have fun with the builds. For your wick tails, you could get away with half of what you used. Less material will give you more air.

Thank you, MattyTny for your suggestions! I will look into it!! :thumb:

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
You're welcome. You should look into Kohgendo japenese cotton pads. They are extremely easy to work with. It's the best cotton to use for simple things in my opinion. They come in pads so it's easy to cut a strip along with the fibers. You can find them online, just make sure it's organic and unbleached. Some vape stores charge a lot for it, but it's usually pretty cheap.

http://m.sephora.com/product/P300602 Here's a link for kohgendo from sephora, it's reasonably priced. Vale shops will charge that for 5 pads of cotton.

I like rayon a lot too, it's a great wick, but not as easy to work with.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
snapshot-1-2015-may-06-04-12-pm-png.455401

1mm is pretty small diameter for 28 gauge.
here's mine above with 30 gauge; diameter is 2 to 3 mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread