Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    It's time has come.
    Like atm machines, sooner or later we will seen them.

Check this out, it made my day.

E-Cig Company Has Launched
    The First E-Cigarette & e-liquid Vending Machine

This state-of-the-art E-Cig & E-Liq Vending Machine, with patent technology, provides a cost-effective and easy way to sell electronic cigarette and e-liquid products. Almost anyone can become their own boss and open an automated e-cigarette & e-liquid store.

Works just like ATM machine you see in stores.
    This revolutionary Electronic Cigarette and E-Liquid Vending Machine will be launched at the following trade shows:
    CES Show:
    Date: January 8 - January 11. BOOTH #: 70316. LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV US
    Asian American Expo
    DATE: January 19 - January 20. Hall #4, BOOTH #: A05. LOCATION: Los Angeles, US
    Tobacco Plus Show:
    DATE: January 30 - January 31. BOOTH #: 133. LOCATION: Las Vegas, US

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    Ok just how do you keep someone under 18 from using it? They banned cigarette vending machines years ago.

dont know where you live but they never banned cig machines here, they are now in places people over 18 would be in the first place. just like this will be. like the liquor store at walgreens perhaps

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    They don't have cigarette vending machines in Ohio?

It'd be great if this would take off locally, but all everyone sees here are cig-alikes. I get plenty of funny looks and questions in my local watering hole with just a vGo and a tank and atomizer. Hell, I've got friends who don't even have a computer, so all they've ever heard of is disposables and Blu before seeing my "basic" setup. This would just confuse them.

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    Believe it or not, our purchases through some of our vendors are verifying our age. It's done along with the credit card processing. The same expensive software could be used for the machines.....and as long as the teen doesn't steal mom's credit card, it could work.

I know none of us advocate teen e-cig use. E-cigs are for adults who want to either cut down on their cig use, vape in some places where they can not light up, or chose vaping as an effective alternative to tobacco use.

subversive

ECF Veteran
    Mar 26, 2011
    United States
    dont know where you live but they never banned cig machines here, they are now in places people over 18 would be in the first place. just like this will be. like the liquor store at walgreens perhaps

I live in FL and haven't seen a cigarette vending machine in years. Maybe I don't go to enough bars? I remember going to nightclubs a few years ago and they weren't in them.

As cool as this would be, regulation is going to be all over these machines if they do come into existence. More fuel for the fire, I think.

JudeD

ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2012
    PA
    I live in FL and haven't seen a cigarette vending machine in years. Maybe I don't go to enough bars? I remember going to nightclubs a few years ago and they weren't in them.

As cool as this would be, regulation is going to be all over these machines if they do come into existence. More fuel for the fire, I think.

I was just in a restaurant a little south of Sarasota and when I went to the ladies' room, there in a hallway sat a cigarette machine. I was surprised since I hadn't seen one in years.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    You know most states now have the scan-able IDs issued from DMV. In VA we have them. I actually carry my license in a money clip designed to prevent scanning my information without me taking it out. I would think these IDs could be equipped with a scanner to verify the user is of proper age. To me, the age of the product being an unknown is a much greater concern than the age verification. I am not ready to invest.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    Ok just how do you keep someone under 18 from using it? They banned cigarette vending machines years ago.

You better check to see if they are legal before you lay down 10K for one.

they have alcohol vending machines too. the way they keep minors out is to have a camera where you show your ID and the camera video tapes you. the feed gets relayed to a live personnell booth. there is a physical person who is interacting with you from a hub.

some of the alcohol machines are really quite involved. i saw one on TV that was inside a supermarket. there is a live person who is a sommelier of sorts. he recommeds different wines based on your feedback. its really pretty cool.

edit: found a photo. you can see the camera on the machine on the right. there is a mechanical arm that chooses your selection.

wine-vending-590.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread