First kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

popping1adderal

Feb 18, 2018
Hi. I want to buy an electronic cigarette. . I want to buy from gearbest for there delivery is free. In the future I may get something more expensive, but now I need something for beginners. What do you recommend me between:

Eleaf iJust 2 Stainless Steel E-Cigarette Kit with 2600mAh Battery 5.5ml Atomizer ($24)

Original Eleaf iJust S E Cigarette Starter Kit ($29)

Joyetech EGO AIO E Cigarette Starter Kit ($17)

Kamry 1200mAh Kit for E ($25)

JUSTFOG P16 Starter Kit ($22)

smok STICK V8 BABY Kit ($30)

Eleaf iCare E Cigarette Starter Kit ($16)

Joyetech eGo AIO Pro C ($24)

Eleaf iCare Mini E Cigarette ($16)

Eleaf iCare Mini Starter Kit with PCC ($21)

smok Vape Pen 22 Mod Kit ($25)

Eleaf iCare 2 Starter Kit ($14)

Joyetech eGo AIO D22 Starter Kit ($23)

SOFGOD R01 Mod Kit ($24)

JUSTFOG P14A Starter Kit ($18)

Joyetech eGo AIO D22 XL ($23)

PLAY GHOST 50W Mod Kit with 4.2V ($21)

Justfog FOG1 Kit ($23)

Aspire PockeX Pocket AIO Kit ($20)

vaporesso VECO One All-in-one Vape Kit ($26)

VAPORESSO VECO PLUS SOLO Kit ($25)

VAPORESSO Drizzle Vape Kit ($25)

Limitless Pulse Pod Vape Pen System ($28)

Aspire Breeze Kit 650mAh ($27)

Joyetech Exceed D19 Starter Kit ($25)

Or else up to $ 30.

• Love
Reactions: Izan

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I own the Joytech starter kit. Alright but small tank capacity and coils burned out quickly. I don't have too many AIO kits, but you have plenty to choose from, I'm sure you'll get feedback from others. Just as an aside, it is Chinese new year, meaning orders probably won't get processed and shipped until toward the end of this month. If you want to start vaping faster, you may want to go with a US vendor. Either way, best of luck and welcome.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
Welcome to ECF. I'm new here, too, and I've seen many members recommend the Eleaf Pico 25 with the Nautilus tank as a good, reliable starter combo that will give you options to expand a bit. I'm waiting on my order to ship after the Chinese Holiday.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
thank you, I can buy something up to $ 40 like eleaf istick pico or Vaporesso Swag.
The pico 25 with decent batteries and charger (see mooch’s blog for details) and a nautilus 2 is the standard go to advice for new vapers around here. It’s small, inexpensive, reliable, and does everything you need.

Sickbxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
Spring, Texas
If I had one device to get me through the first few days, it would be the Sourin Drop with 50mg nic salt with a second one as a back up. I have a ridiculous amount of money in my collection, these little $40 devices were the ones that allowed me to move from 2+ pad to duel to non smoker.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Most vapes aren't really "better" than the other, it becomes a matter of personal preference. I don't much care for the pico myself, but a lot of folks like it, I will still offer it as a recommendation to a new vaper because it has a lot going for it, for the price. With that said, no vape is for everyone but a pico is a decent place to start, I think.

Anna

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Most vapes aren't really "better" than the other, it becomes a matter of personal preference. I don't much care for the pico myself, but a lot of folks like it, I will still offer it as a recommendation to a new vaper because it has a lot going for it, for the price. With that said, no vape is for everyone but a pico is a decent place to start, I think.

Anna

I helped someone through their first purchase the other day and it was my first real good look at the Pico 25. The B&M I go to has been using variety of PICOs since forever. They work well but I can't say I am a fan.

The coils that come with the tank have an optimal range near the 60W. It's a 1 battery device.

So either you're going to get a battery that drains pretty quickly or you're going to get a battery that is constantly outputting near its max amp draw.

It seems like to me they missed out on better pairing a tank to go with it. I think a 40-50W coil would make more sense on a single battery beginner device.

I just saw the UWell Nunchaku earlier today. That might be my go to suggestion. It's in a pen style (which new people love!), but also has an LED screen and VW. Coils for the tank also come in recommended at 40-50W and it's a 1x18650 battery device. It really looks like an old VAMO.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Why Pico 25 is better than eleaf istick?
Which istick, the 30w? The Pico 25 is versatile; 85w, accommodates tanks up to 25mm, you aren't chained to an internal battery. The Ello is a good tank with good coils. You will need two 18650 batteries with the Pico, one to use and one for backup.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
With the Ello HW1 and HW2 coils you can get a nice vape at 30-45w, lower if you reduce af.

CO190-2.jpg

I know some people here like to vape coils below their suggested ranges, but personally i'm not a fan of doing that. If anything, I prefer vaping above the suggested ranges.

I like really strong, thick, and warm vapes. A new user might not have the same tastes as me, but to be safe I think it's reasonable to use the suggested wattage range when comparing tanks.

Especially these guys. The HW1 for example has a suggested range of 50-65W, but the manufacturer range is actually 40-80W. Vaping a coil with a max stated of 80W at less than half of that isn't optimal.

I'd rather use a coil rated for 20-40W with a suggested range of 30-35W in that case. Which is what I mean by I think they missed the mark with the paired tank.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
View attachment 722761

I know some people here like to vape coils below their suggested ranges, but personally i'm not a fan of doing that. If anything, I prefer vaping above the suggested ranges.

I like really strong, thick, and warm vapes. A new user might not have the same tastes as me, but to be safe I think it's reasonable to use the suggested wattage range when comparing tanks.

Especially these guys. The HW1 for example has a suggested range of 50-65W, but the manufacturer range is actually 40-80W. Vaping a coil with a max stated of 80W at less than half of that isn't optimal.

I'd rather use a coil rated for 20-40W with a suggested range of 30-35W in that case. Which is what I mean by I think they missed the mark with the paired tank.
I don't like a warmer vape and do enjoy a full lung hit. I can achieve both with the Ello coils. Just my 2:2c:.

popping1adderal

Feb 18, 2018

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Hi. I want to buy an electronic cigarette. . I want to buy from gearbest for there delivery is free. In the future I may get something more expensive, but now I need something for beginners. What do you recommend me between:

Eleaf iJust 2 Stainless Steel E-Cigarette Kit with 2600mAh Battery 5.5ml Atomizer ($24)

Original Eleaf iJust S E Cigarette Starter Kit ($29)

Joyetech EGO AIO E Cigarette Starter Kit ($17)

Kamry 1200mAh Kit for E ($25)

JUSTFOG P16 Starter Kit ($22)

SMOK STICK V8 BABY Kit ($30)

Eleaf iCare E Cigarette Starter Kit ($16)

Joyetech eGo AIO Pro C ($24)

Eleaf iCare Mini E Cigarette ($16)

Eleaf iCare Mini Starter Kit with PCC ($21)

Smok Vape Pen 22 Mod Kit ($25)

Eleaf iCare 2 Starter Kit ($14)

Joyetech eGo AIO D22 Starter Kit ($23)

SOFGOD R01 Mod Kit ($24)

JUSTFOG P14A Starter Kit ($18)

Joyetech eGo AIO D22 XL ($23)

PLAY GHOST 50W Mod Kit with 4.2V ($21)

Justfog FOG1 Kit ($23)

Aspire PockeX Pocket AIO Kit ($20)

VAPORESSO VECO One All-in-one Vape Kit ($26)

VAPORESSO VECO PLUS SOLO Kit ($25)

VAPORESSO Drizzle Vape Kit ($25)

Limitless Pulse Pod Vape Pen System ($28)

Aspire Breeze Kit 650mAh ($27)

Joyetech Exceed D19 Starter Kit ($25)

Or else up to $ 30.
OMG that's a long list, LOL

Just a couple things - the Joytech AIO is much different than the Exceed D19 - Do you want more of a DTL or MTL?

I contemplated getting the D19 but ended up with the Innokin Endura T20 instead. You have the option of either MTL or DTL depending on which coil you use. Plus I like the little cap thingy ;) ...I had a Joytech AIO once. Did not have a good experience with that. Someone gave it to me. It ended up getting completely stuck and I couldn't get it open. Blew through juice and coils like no tomorrow. Burnt a bunch of coils. Just didn't like the design or feel of it at all...

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread