first mechanical mod n-zonic v3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtbagblz

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
sacramento, ca
So i just purchased my first mechanical mod from vapervenue.com it is a n-zonic v3. i posted a thread in the APV section but no replies or input from others. I don't really have a lot of questions I did some research and this is what i wanted, but I would like some feed back from others who have used or own a n-zonic. Is there anything i should no before it comes in the mail, what rba works best, ohms on my wick etc..... Right now i have the nimbus dripper which didn't work out that great on the provari so i am hoping the n-zonic is a perfect marriage. Any info will be greatly appreciated thanx.

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
Sorry, I don't have a nzonic, so i'm of no help on that front... but I can say that i've set up my Nimbus on a Provari with some success. I generally run the nimbus on my mechs, but i have set up a nimbus on my buddy's provari and he loves it.

First off, I hated my Nimbus when i first got it... and it sat for a month unused... then one day i played with it and got it running a way i liked.. I generally set mine up using 2mm silica and run a dual wick set up... i use about 6 inches of wick total... I take one 3 inch piece and i fold the wick twice to make a "S" shape.. so its basically 6mm thick and 1 inch long... I wrap that 4 times with 32gauge kanthal (gonna play with 28 gauge once that comes in..) slightly off center so where the wick is centered, but the coils line up with the posts... for my mechs i wrap 4 times... for the provari, i wrap 6 times... then add the same coil and wich set up on the other side...

I find that this set up holds a good amount of juice, wont leak unless you over fill it quite a bit...

a note on the Provari... remember that there is a watt limit on those... about 15-16 watts... so you'll have to drop the volts to keep it from erroring out on you. With the 6 wrap dual coil... i usually end up with about a 1.2ohm resistance... so you can vape at about 4.2 volts max or thereabout. This will get you close to the 15 watt max...

Also, if you're thinking 15 watts is too hot... please remember that its being divided onto 2 coils, so its basically like vaping a single coil at 7.5 watts...

Anyways.. hope that helps..

Also, i'm sure you'll enjoy the Nzonic... looks like a solid mech!

dirtbagblz

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
sacramento, ca
Sorry, I don't have a nzonic, so i'm of no help on that front... but I can say that i've set up my Nimbus on a Provari with some success. I generally run the nimbus on my mechs, but i have set up a nimbus on my buddy's provari and he loves it.

First off, I hated my Nimbus when i first got it... and it sat for a month unused... then one day i played with it and got it running a way i liked.. I generally set mine up using 2mm silica and run a dual wick set up... i use about 6 inches of wick total... I take one 3 inch piece and i fold the wick twice to make a "S" shape.. so its basically 6mm thick and 1 inch long... I wrap that 4 times with 32gauge kanthal (gonna play with 28 gauge once that comes in..) slightly off center so where the wick is centered, but the coils line up with the posts... for my mechs i wrap 4 times... for the provari, i wrap 6 times... then add the same coil and wich set up on the other side...

I find that this set up holds a good amount of juice, wont leak unless you over fill it quite a bit...

a note on the Provari... remember that there is a watt limit on those... about 15-16 watts... so you'll have to drop the volts to keep it from erroring out on you. With the 6 wrap dual coil... i usually end up with about a 1.2ohm resistance... so you can vape at about 4.2 volts max or thereabout. This will get you close to the 15 watt max...

Also, if you're thinking 15 watts is too hot... please remember that its being divided onto 2 coils, so its basically like vaping a single coil at 7.5 watts...

Anyways.. hope that helps..

Also, i'm sure you'll enjoy the Nzonic... looks like a solid mech!

Thanx on the input for the nimbus i'm going to go fool around with it now, yeah i bought it about 1 week ago and it has been sitting there since i've tried it the first time and was displeased with its performance. i did drill the air holes out to 1/16 and that seem to help

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
Thanx on the input for the nimbus i'm going to go fool around with it now, yeah i bought it about 1 week ago and it has been sitting there since i've tried it the first time and was displeased with its performance. i did drill the air holes out to 1/16 and that seem to help

right on... yeah.. my first set up was a 2mm wick with 5 wraps ... single coil... on a mech and good lord i hated it... super harsh and burnt and barely held any juice..

After learning a bit more, I realized that my wicking wasn't keeping up with the power i was putting into it... so basically the coils were firing super hot!! over course, there's more than one way to solve that issue... drilling bigger air holes is one of them... but i prefer a tighter draw so that really wasn't an option for me. I tried running higher resistance, but wasn't all that happy with the vapor production... so basically i went the route of increasing wicking to help cool the coils...

since you drilled out the airholes, you might want to trying just folding your wick once so you get a total thickness of about 4mm and adjust your wraps accordingly... on the provari, i think a target of 1.2 ohms (total) is good... so if you're going to go with a dual coil, shoot for 2.4ohm on each coil. I think that might be a good place to start... of course we all have different preferences, so tinker away!

dirtbagblz

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
sacramento, ca
With my Mech Mods I like to hover around the 1 ohm range. Seems to be my sweet spot. Anything over 1.3 and I lose the vapor production that I like.

yeah i think thats what mujuru was getting at. if i have 32g wire how many wraps will give me 1.3-1.5 i know 5 wraps is consistent about 2.0-2.2 on 3mm silica?

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
yeah i think thats what mujuru was getting at. if i have 32g wire how many wraps will give me 1.3-1.5 i know 5 wraps is consistent about 2.0-2.2 on 3mm silica?

If you're getting 2-2.2 ohms consistently on your current set up and you like the vape coming from it... try this..

Wrap your nimbus exactly the same, but make it a dual coil... both coils how you currently set up... this should get you to 1.0-1.1ohms...

if you vape this set up at 4.0 (which should be fine on your Provari), you'll get a good idea of how it will vape on your mech on fresh batteries... drop the volts to 3.6-3.7 and you'll see how it would vape during the majority of battery life on your mech..

Play with that!! hehe...

dirtbagblz

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
sacramento, ca
If you're getting 2-2.2 ohms consistently on your current set up and you like the vape coming from it... try this..

Wrap your nimbus exactly the same, but make it a dual coil... both coils how you currently set up... this should get you to 1.0-1.1ohms...

if you vape this set up at 4.0 (which should be fine on your Provari), you'll get a good idea of how it will vape on your mech on fresh batteries... drop the volts to 3.6-3.7 and you'll see how it would vape during the majority of battery life on your mech..

Play with that!! hehe...

you got some good pointers thanx bud!!

shad0wxb0i

Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
San Francisco, California

My build is usually .32 4/5 wrap on 3mm silica with 2 folds and i come up with .8ohms. It depends on how you build. I wrap my wire tight and the spacing between coils is pretty close together.

GRH8095

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
California
Congrats! I just bought one from VapingAce. I'm all fired up! This is my first high end mech. My K100 has been nice but the Nzonic looks sweet.

If you have it now ...

How long did it take to get it ?

What was the shipping cost like ?
- Could not find any info on shipping cost on the site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread