First Post, But Long--time Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

hubblebubble

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
MA, United States
Hi everyone at ECF! I been vaping and reading ECF for almost 9 months. There's been so much great advice and ideas, I want to thank everyone for their participation.

After smoking for almost exactly 20 years, I've been analog free for 35 days! I am hoping to learn even more about the world of vaping, and hopefully help support some others trying to get started.

hubblebubble

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
MA, United States
I'm using an chrome Apollo vTube with 3 ohm single coil XL cartos with 3.5 tanks about 95% of the time. I like to try new flavors on Boge cartos. I just haven't been able to get into dripping straight onto the atty. I really got started vaping with a Magma Tankomizer and I still like holding a cigarette-size pv. I never thought I'd quit. My hubby, mother, and close friends are all still smokers, so it's tough. (Hubby is very supportive, smokes outside, and also vapes with me with his own vTube. :2cool: It's a big help.) I'm trying to go nicotine free as quickly as I can. My doctor is very supportive of e-cigs as well, preferably 100% VG and nic-free. Most of my e-juice is 4mg-8mg right now. It definitely lacks a good throat hit, but it's fun to try the different mixes and flavor.

I'm a former FL Gulf Coaster! I've enjoyed many a fun night in Biloxi!

hubblebubble

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
MA, United States
Sounds like you know your stuff and what you like. It's good that you're already down to 4-8mg. I'm gonna try and get some less % nic juices!

I week by week dropped from 30+ mg down to 12mg without noticing much difference. Now that I am under 12mg, it's a bit of a struggle. I also gradually cut way back on analogs before quitting entirely. My last week I only smoked one cig a day. I think that helped.

Try getting 2 bottles of the same flavor, but 2 levels of nicotine. You can mix them together to make the step down even more gradual. I tried going from 8mg to zero - not pretty.

hubblebubble

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
MA, United States
Reading the forum for 9 months you probably already know all there is to know! Congrats on 35 days.

I couldn't have quit without ECF. I tried switching to vaping on my own a couple of years ago with a Blu. Crash and burn. My hubby found the forum and helped me sort through it, he knows it even better than me! And not only have I quit, it's turning into a great hobby, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread