Status
Not open for further replies.

vapr103009

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey guys I am looking at a couole rdas on madvapes.com such as the optimus octopus squid and the scar..I have a tank setup now from ibtanked n like it... just wanna try the rebuildables... I am military so prefer something thats durable and doesnt leak yet not super expensive...kinda like my provari haha ;) well let me know if anyone has any experience with these or recommend som3thing else for the new rba guy :)

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
There are tons and tons of RBAs/RDAs, and even more wire/wick combinations. I think your best bet would be to go on youtube and watch reviews from reputable people like GrimmGreen and PBusardo about various RBAs and see which one suits you. If you want something durable, make sure you get a stainless steel RBA as some are made of aluminum. The stainless steel ones will be heavier but will take much more abuse.

You should get one of the IGOs, IGO-L, IGO-S, or IGO-W. They are all relatively inexpensive and perform very well. I got an IGO-L as my first RBA, loved it.

Hey guys I am looking at a couole rdas on madvapes.com such as the optimus octopus squid and the scar..I have a tank setup now from ibtanked n like it... just wanna try the rebuildables... I am military so prefer something thats durable and doesnt leak yet not super expensive...kinda like my provari haha ;) well let me know if anyone has any experience with these or recommend som3thing else for the new rba guy :)

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i know a couple people have reported the scar gets very hot very fast . it is a smaller atty and stuffing two coils in there is a bit much/

the octopus is an amazing little dripper for the price. doesnt hold a lot but will put out some massive clouds. the knurled screws and holes in the post make it newb freindly for a first timer. it is bottom fed so it is kinda hard to not get the coils in the correct spot. i think the squid is the mini version cant remember.

over at fasttech they have some nice drippers this is one of my favorites
$5.10 V5 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer - 1.0
even in single coil mode this thing puts out some wicked tasty clouds.

the Igol and igo w are also some nice drippers

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
If you are new out of the gate with RBA/RDA's i usually recommend the Igo-W,it's a stellar vape,i have it in my arsenal and use it for out and about.It's built like the Nimbus with a three post deck for easy dual coil set up at under $20 vs. $65 for the Nimbus.As posted below i would say the same thing,watch alot of reviews and reputable reviewers,make a list of the RBA's you want and go from there.For durability,depending on what you want to spend,the Immortalizer-$95,and Helios-$110 are excellent vapes too.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
And this one looks good. I have no idea how it vapes but it's been tempting me for some reason lol. :vapor:

$16.35 Trident 24K Gold Plated Rebuildable Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Edit. I've changed my mind...I think this is the one I want. I just found this. I really, really like for the air flow to be from the bottom of the coil. In this one, the air comes in at the side, goes down between the two tubes, into the body at the channels at the bottom and comes up underneath the coil. Supposed to make it more leak proof too.

$17.39 Immortalizer RBA Rebuildable Atomizer - 1.0ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Quick Look IMMORTALIZER wick coil rebuildable atomizer RBA dripper - YouTube

Last edited:

lmp9002002

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Florida
Some excellent RDA's have been brought up.. I have an IGO-W and love it. Pretty much the only dripper i use. That immortalizer looks pretty awesome too, if i were to purchase another RDA that would be it. But keep in mind, all drippers require dripping juice in every few puffs. And almost all RBA's leak if tilted on their side. If kept upright, they dont leak, but they can't be laid down. Pretty much the only RBA's that dont leak are Ody/Kayfun/Taifun and their respective clones. Ody clones are a dime a dozen but require Non-resistance wire to build it. The Kayfun and Russian (kayfun clone) are awesome but rather expensive. Now the Taifun GT is my favorite.. bottom coil RBA, not difficult to build at all (some people say it's easier than a genesis such as an RSST or AGA-T) and best of all.. Doesn't leak! China just came out with a clone of it, the "fogger". I ordered one, hopefully it's everything it has the potential to be.
If you're interested in any of the above or need links just ask.

vapr103009

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
lmp9002002:10508407 said:
Some excellent RDA's have been brought up.. I have an IGO-W and love it. Pretty much the only dripper i use. That immortalizer looks pretty awesome too, if i were to purchase another RDA that would be it. But keep in mind, all drippers require dripping juice in every few puffs. And almost all RBA's leak if tilted on their side. If kept upright, they dont leak, but they can't be laid down. Pretty much the only RBA's that dont leak are Ody/Kayfun/Taifun and their respective clones. Ody clones are a dime a dozen but require Non-resistance wire to build it. The Kayfun and Russian (kayfun clone) are awesome but rather expensive. Now the Taifun GT is my favorite.. bottom coil RBA, not difficult to build at all (some people say it's easier than a genesis such as an RSST or AGA-T) and best of all.. Doesn't leak! China just came out with a clone of it, the "fogger". I ordered one, hopefully it's everything it has the potential to be.
If you're interested in any of the above or need links just ask.

That would be great I want to order today to get asap thanks! The taifun gt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread