First Squonk Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

steampoweredheart

Mar 17, 2014
hey, guys! have another dilemma in choosing a device.
I'm about to order my first squonk mod to go with the TerkV2 I have on have on way (so excited for that!)
any suggestions? strictly on DUAL 18650 devices.
I think I have it narrowed down to 2 options, after a few days of research..

Dovpo Basium
Dovpo_x_Vaping_Biker_Basium_180W_Squonk_Mod_Silver_600x600.jpg

and

Mach On3
7WYJW3X.jpg

I was 100% sold on the Basium until I saw the Mach and now I don't know which I would like better.
The Basium looks like it has a very user friendly bottle and sled but the Mach On3 has a centered 510 with some other very sleek/high end features..
Am I missing any other great options? these two seem to be the best from what I found and within my price range. The Ohm Boy looked dope as well but it's literally out of stock every where I look:sleep:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I need to update my list but here's a list of regulated squonks you can look up Regulated Squonk Mods under $100

I like the looks of the ON3 :wub:
I have the dovpo topside, wish i'd gotten the dual though
I would add the vapecige VTX200 squonk to that list with some caveats: it has sold for (barely) below $100, but is more commonly available for more than that. The raw hardware is excellent, but company support is apparently worse than non-existent. It pretends to exist but in reality does not.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
hey, guys! have another dilemma in choosing a device.
I'm about to order my first squonk mod to go with the TerkV2 I have on have on way (so excited for that!)
any suggestions? strictly on DUAL 18650 devices.
I think I have it narrowed down to 2 options, after a few days of research..

Dovpo Basium
View attachment 802513

and

Mach On3
View attachment 802509

I was 100% sold on the Basium until I saw the Mach and now I don't know which I would like better.
The Basium looks like it has a very user friendly bottle and sled but the Mach On3 has a centered 510 with some other very sleek/high end features..
Am I missing any other great options? these two seem to be the best from what I found and within my price range. The Ohm Boy looked dope as well but it's literally out of stock every where I look[emoji99]
I have the Basium and it leaks and is just too bulky. I guess I should have said "had" one, it got thrown in the trash awhile ago.... Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
See my comments on the vapecige VTX200 squonk.

The bright side is it uses almost entirely off the shelf parts so even if the manufacturer is unfindable it is not unrepairable.

It’s really important that if you do go and repair it DO NOT LOSE ANY PARTS. I lost the lower button set and I’m probably going to have to carve my own to get the thing working. It also DOES NOT HAVE protection for the screen. It DOES however have a little ridge around the screen to which a protective shield can be glued. I plan on doing this with mine.

steampoweredheart

Mar 17, 2014
Thanks for the info everybody! I'm so indecisive lol I really like the Ohm Boy Rage It's killin' me..I wish so badly that companies wouldn't sell out so quickly all the time. I feel like by the time I hear about stuff it's alwayyss gone. And FORGET buying a cool looking authentic AV mod, if you slip in Walmart and you get the 480+ freakin' dollars for a mech, because they're infinitely out of stock. but straying from the point I guess..

I keep thinking the Mach looks like a good choice but it has some draw backs that I'm a little concerned about. Wish there was a SS color option, the bottles have had some issues apparently with lasting and being hard to press, battery door has to be opened to access the bottle/refill and that's pretty much it..
The Basium looks a little like a refrigerator to me lol I hate that, for a larger mod, that 510 isn't centered. I know its crucial for the design but I love love love centered 510's. If it wasn't for those 2 things I think it would be perfect.

I have to look into some of your suggestions and do some more research. Can't jump the gun on this one and It looks like there might be a few other good ones I've missed :blink:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks for the info everybody! I'm so indecisive lol I really like the Ohm Boy Rage It's killin' me..I wish so badly that companies wouldn't sell out so quickly all the time. I feel like by the time I hear about stuff it's alwayyss gone. And FORGET buying a cool looking authentic AV mod, if you slip in Walmart and you get the 480+ freakin' dollars for a mech, because they're infinitely out of stock. but straying from the point I guess..

I keep thinking the Mach looks like a good choice but it has some draw backs that I'm a little concerned about. Wish there was a SS color option, the bottles have had some issues apparently with lasting and being hard to press, battery door has to be opened to access the bottle/refill and that's pretty much it..
The Basium looks a little like a refrigerator to me lol I hate that, for a larger mod, that 510 isn't centered. I know its crucial for the design but I love love love centered 510's. If it wasn't for those 2 things I think it would be perfect.

I have to look into some of your suggestions and do some more research. Can't jump the gun on this one and It looks like there might be a few other good ones I've missed :blink:
Possible good news:
https://m.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_009538709907.html
Downside is I know basically nothing about gearbest. They may be horrid. Their website certainly looks odd.

Ohm Boy X Desire Rage 155W TC Squonk Mod $65.79 - EJuice Connect May or may not actually have any. They seem to be playing a bit coy about it

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
My purple dual parallel batt mech OG 528 Custom DripTech-DS rules the dual batt squonk mod spot around here. When I first started using squonk mods summer of 2014 it was with Reo mech squonk mods (I preferred mech, guess I still do as all my regulated squonk mods are single 20X700 batt mods). Last time I looked the lessor version of the DT-DS was still available from DripTech via China vendors for far less cost that what mine cost.

The purple DT-DS has both matching 528 Custom Goon 1.5 and Wotofo Profile Mesh BF RDA's for it. Now days mesh RDA's rule the roost here.
DS-GoonS.jpg
DS-ProfileS.jpg

dt-ds clones.jpg
profileP67ss.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have 3 OG Topsides, and like them just fine despite the false starts from Dovpo. None of mine had/have issues (I didn't update their firmware either, I just run them in VW). But I am not interested in their dual version Topside (or dual versions if they do the other with a different chip). Can't define the exact whys so I'll just pin it to not liking the bulk of side by side dual/trip/quad batt mods while the trip in-line footprint of the mech DT-DS's doesn't bother me at all.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
So (through some more research and by your suggestions) I think I'm going to wait for the updated version of the topside dual. Apparently its not too far off and the current version is $90 so I think it'll be worth the wait. Thanks for all the help! I'll post back when I finish the set up:thumbs:
I will pick up a YiHi Topside as well, but where did you see anything about a timeframe for release? Not sure anything has been announced since it was originally mentioned? It might be a while.

Vape Wild has the Dual for $72.xx, and Vaporrange has it for $69.xx. Colors are limited, but you can't beat those prices.

steampoweredheart

Mar 17, 2014
MikeVapes briefly said something about the next gen
Go to 15:52 at

Which was enough for me to hang tight for a few months and see if theres any leaks about it. If all is done right I think that will be the best option out there for dual squonkers. The original current version seems near perfect already. I do really hope the v2 comes in different colors with a more classy finish though.

• Agree
Reactions: SteamHead

steampoweredheart

Mar 17, 2014
Well I broke down and just went ahead and ordered the current Topside Dual...I love it! It is a little heavy/large but my only real complaints so far have been strictly user error. For example I have to get used to squeezing the bottle just right...Have been wayy over saturating lol I'm starting to think the key is watching the cotton for saturation not watching for the juice well to fill up
(using with the BTFC).

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France

Not sure if you've had these already but...

Lost vape Drone.

Dovpo topside dual.

Vandy vape Pulse X and pulse dual

The rage is good. They are all quite big mods the dual versions but worth the buy. The lost vape drone is retailing at around 110 on Fasttech. Good luck :)

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
So (through some more research and by your suggestions) I think I'm going to wait for the updated version of the topside dual. Apparently its not too far off and the current version is $90 so I think it'll be worth the wait. Thanks for all the help! I'll post back when I finish the set up:thumbs:

Got mine from Element Vape for 78.95 down from 99.95, just checked and they still have them for that. Loving mine so far.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread