First time atomizer use..... acting kinda funky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat chocolate

Aug 16, 2012
Avon Lake
So ive been vaping for about a year now and love it. Started with cartos and found my thing which is the carto/tank combo. I recently decided to say screw it and try out a proper atty. I never used one before but have read about them on the site here. When i first got it I opened it up. Wiped off some of the primer oil, and gave some blows through both ends of the atty to try and get some of the primer juice out. After that, I let it sit for say about 5 minutes to try and let a lil more oil out the connection bottom. After that i dropped about 3 drops in and gave it a few vapes. They've been a lil weak but hey its new and probably takes some time to break it in. The real question that I have is how long does it take for the oil to completely go away. I am still getting a caramel tasting flavour which i think is still the primer oil? been vaping it for about an hour now. Are there any other tips or tricks that I could be doing to help with this? I read that putting 100%vg on it and vaping it would really help, but the thought of having to vape 100% vg kinda makes my throat hurt at the thought haha. Anyways Thank you very much for taking the time to read my message and have a nice day!

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , and using atty's is a whole new experience , in itself . You were right to blow out the excess primer , but maybe better to just rinse them out with hot water , and maybe do a few " dry burns " To make sure the primer is gone . And yes vaping VG , will help to dispell the primer taste , you don't need to inhale , just vape the crap out of it , for awhile . But even just using your regular juice , will eventually get rid of the primer taste . But atty's are the best way to try new flavors . Just clean them , and let them dry , or do the dry burn thing , and then move on to the next flavor . Good Luck

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
So i vaped the straight vg and i think i got the taste to go, problem now is that theres 0 taste and very little vapor

you can also vape it without inhaling, I do that to get rid of primer oil. I have never dry burned.
it's possible that your atty is flooded and that is why there isn't much vapor. or it needs more liquid. if I suspect flooding, I blow it out, if liquid comes out it's probably flooded, after blowing it should work better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread