First Time DIY order: please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
I just want to triple check I'm on the right track to get started here, and have a whole bunch of flavours picked out as well. Maybe you guys can give me a head's up on something I've ordered or haven't ordered as well.
That would be great! so I have the following on order:

- 30ml 60mg unflavoured PG
- 120ml PG
- 120ml VG
- 5 3ml bottles
- 13 6ml bottles
- 5 15 ml bottles
- 2 1 dram amber glass dropper bottles
- 2 1 dram clear glass dropper bottles
- 4 Pack of 3ml grduated Pipette/Droppers
- 3 Pack of 10ml syringes with blunt 17 guage needle
- 4 Pack of 3ml syringes with blunt 17 guage needle

As far as flavouring goes: (All 3ml sizes)

FA - Honey
Lorann - Cinnamon Roll
Capella - French Toast
Capella - Strawberries & Cream
Capella - Orange Creamsicle
Capella - Pumpkin Pie
PA - Green Apple
PA - White Chocolate
PA - Cheese Cake
PA - French Vanilla
PA - Waffle
PA - Maple Syrup
PA - Strawberry

I may not venture into mixing more than 1 flavour YET, that's why I've ordered stuff that I think I can vape on it's own (provided I've mixed it the way I want it). Any help would be appreciated!

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
Thanks! I didn't want to go TOO high like with 100mg.. I know it's some crazy dangerous stuff... I got the 30ml bottle for $8.99 which I thought was decent? will see how the whole DIY works before I get more, but thanks for the suggestion. I plan on cutting down my juice to 18-24mg maybe even 12mg depending on the flavour etc...

7thCabal

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
808state
Thanks! I didn't want to go TOO high like with 100mg.. I know it's some crazy dangerous stuff... I got the 30ml bottle for $8.99 which I thought was decent? will see how the whole DIY works before I get more, but thanks for the suggestion. I plan on cutting down my juice to 18-24mg maybe even 12mg depending on the flavour etc...

I think Doots was talking about a bigger bottle... say 250ml or 500ml-- just something a little larger in size, 30 ml will go fast no matter how you cut it.:2c:

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
And you definitely are going to be needing more 3ml bottles. When you first start out, it's better to make smaller batches.

But I'd say that looks like a great list to start out with and mess around and be a mad scientist!

I'd also get some pure grain alcohol. I always add a couple drops to give a better throat hit and it can help thin down mixes with a high VG%.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
And you definitely are going to be needing more 3ml bottles. When you first start out, it's better to make smaller batches.

But I'd say that looks like a great list to start out with and mess around and be a mad scientist!

I'd also get some pure grain alcohol. I always add a couple drops to give a better throat hit and it can help thin down mixes with a high VG%.

thanks for the suggestion on the 3ml bottles... I'll add that to my order... where would PGA be readily available? can distilled water also be used? guess it won't really help with the TH though

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
thanks for the suggestion on the 3ml bottles... I'll add that to my order... where would PGA be readily available? can distilled water also be used? guess it won't really help with the TH though

I don't know about in Canada. I know you guys have stronger alcohol content, so I just assumed you would have PGA (same as Everclear).

You can use distilled water to thin out VG also.

Bluemistvaping ships to Canada:

http://www.bluemistvaping.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

I can't access these sites cuz I'm at work, but myfreedomsmokes and xtremevaping also carry it, but I don't know if they ship to Canada.

Last edited:

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
I don't know about in Canada. I know you guys have stronger alcohol content, so I just assumed you would have PGA (same as Everclear).

You can use distilled water to thin out VG also.

Bluemistvaping ships to Canada:

BlueMist Vaping Supplies

I can't access these sites cuz I'm at work, but myfreedomsmokes and xtremevaping also carry it, but I don't know if they ship to Canada.

thanks for the links.. didn't see PGA on bluemistvaping... but it seems like they have some good prices on their flavlourless nic PG, good to know they ship to Canada too!

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
I've never done DIY but am dying to try it. I just saw the list of items above, are you saying it is possible to DIY with just plain PG/VG, some sort of nicotine liquid (not sure what that is) and a flavoring? If I wanted to try some DIY those are the only 3 things I need (other than bottles, syringes etc)?

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
thanks for the links.. didn't see PGA on bluemistvaping... but it seems like they have some good prices on their flavlourless nic PG, good to know they ship to Canada too!

Yeah, DIY stores don't carry PGA, it's something you have to go to the liquor store to get (not that I mind)! I've met the guy that runs bluemistvaping and he's a nice fellow. We also just did a co-op order from him over at the PIF group.
I've never done DIY but am dying to try it. I just saw the list of items above, are you saying it is possible to DIY with just plain PG/VG, some sort of nicotine liquid (not sure what that is) and a flavoring? If I wanted to try some DIY those are the only 3 things I need (other than bottles, syringes etc)?

Yep, that's basically all you need!

iamdougm

ECF Veteran

That's all I use. Occasionally some PGA or vodka for a little better throat hit.

Good Luck! And don't forget to check out the recipes in this forum. Some REALLY good flavors :vapor:

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
Thank you both for answering me .. wow .. who knew? I had read some of those DIY recipes when I first started vaping 6 weeks ago, but assumed I needed lots of different things. Shoot I even already bought a bottle of Everclear and have it here, just in case I ever needed it for something LOL. We're leaving on a cruise tomorrow, will be gone for 2 weeks, as soon as I get back then I can order everything else .. DIY here I come.

One question .. I saw that a few DIY suppliers that sell a starter kit, with the pipettes etc .. is that what you'd recommend I buy, or should I buy the things individually? Is there one supplier who has the best flavorings .. or are they all basically the same?

So excited about this :)

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Thank you both for answering me .. wow .. who knew? I had read some of those DIY recipes when I first started vaping 6 weeks ago, but assumed I needed lots of different things. Shoot I even already bought a bottle of Everclear and have it here, just in case I ever needed it for something LOL. We're leaving on a cruise tomorrow, will be gone for 2 weeks, as soon as I get back then I can order everything else .. DIY here I come.

One question .. I saw that a few DIY suppliers that sell a starter kit, with the pipettes etc .. is that what you'd recommend I buy, or should I buy the things individually? Is there one supplier who has the best flavorings .. or are they all basically the same?

So excited about this :)

Yeah, when I started, I bought everything individually. I bought a cheap craft tacklebox from Wal-Mart and bought some nic & flavoring online and bought some VG at Rite Aid. It should be listed as glycerine USP in stores.

But, it would probably be easier just to buy a kit like from onestopdiyshop.com. I think you can pick 4 or 8 flavors, so just to try it out to see how you like it. Plus, PG is easier to get online.

hey Stash, good luck with your DIY'ing ... I'm excited to get all this stuff in and check it out.. now it's just trying to find the PGA, supposedly not as easy here in Canada :(

but who knows maybe I won't need it, but I think I may as I'll most likely being using at least 30% VG in my mixes.

You can always use vodka instead. I do about 30% VG usually.

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
You don't really need PGA a la Everclear, it's just the purest form. Any alcohol that is 80 proof or higher usually works fine as long as it doesn't have sugar.

About the nicotine not being enough, it depends on what you vape. You have 30 x 60mg = 1800mg of nicotine from the first post. If you vape 18mg it will make you 100ml, and if you go through 4ml a day, it will last you 25 days of vaping if you only vape your DIY mixtures.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
You don't really need PGA a la Everclear, it's just the purest form. Any alcohol that is 80 proof or higher usually works fine as long as it doesn't have sugar.

About the nicotine not being enough, it depends on what you vape. You have 30 x 60mg = 1800mg of nicotine from the first post. If you vape 18mg it will make you 100ml, and if you go through 4ml a day, it will last you 25 days of vaping if you only vape your DIY mixtures.

that's a good way to look at it... I rotate between flavours all day... I would probably say I vape around 3ml a day give or take.. so ya, I guess that's not bad at all.... once I find 4-5 recipes I really like I will definitely stop buying a lot of juices online...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread