First time filling up Cartos. Couple ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoff77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
HBG, PA
I'm a noob and have now had my Volt for 10 days and loving it. I just bought empty cartos and a couple juices. I went a little crazy last weekend when drinking. I ordered Boba's Bounty, Gorilla juice and PG Hype from Alian Vision. Organics Kona Velvet and Kona Velvet Milkshake from Virgin Vapors. And Snickedoodle from Ms T's.

I also have a bunch of pre loaded cartos from Smokeless Image.

I am filling up the empty's for the first time. I've watched a couple youtube vids on how to fill them up. But I am still unsure on how much to put in. I've put about 10 drops of Boba's Bounty in my first one. But it keeps soaking in. I/ve heard vids say to insert until "slushy". About how many drops would that be?

Also since I ordered so much, how long do these last? Do I need to use it all in a certain amount of time before they go bad?

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Drop sizes vary from vendor to vendor, but if you're "condom filling" (using the silicone bootie that covers the carto), the 1 ml that an empty carto holds is about a capful/bootieful. Refills, I can usually get in just a tad more than half. Also, you could keep dripping at the top until it stops soaking in and the top looks slushy. Let it sit for awhile, then what I do is put a bootie halfway on the threaded end and flick it like a thermometer a few times (like 5) to make sure it isn't overfilled. Save the extra juice left in the bootie for next time, or pour it back in the bottle (haha, I'm too lazy to do that). Wipe the post off and you're done! :)

Like Imagine said, store your juices in cool, dark places. It probably won't go bad, but the nic degrades with too much exposure to heat, light and air. Wouldn't kill you, just wouldn't be as potent. I usually only keep about 2-3 months' worth of liquid around, 6 months max.

Welcome, Kmoff!! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread