First time with kayfun, issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

k av

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Colorado/Canada
Just received my first kayfun (first true rebuildable i've owned, been building protanks for a long time) the coil i built is reading .9 ohm, and is not firing on my stingray mech mod, but other atomizers are working on the stingray and the kayfun at 0.9 is somehow working on my vamo v5, which i was under the impression it would only fire at 1.2+...Any ideas why this would be happening? trying to get the kayfun to work on the mech....

THanks

Wickedgt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Just from messing around with my EHPRO KFL+ and reading what others have had the most luck doing with theirs, I'd recommend keeping your build around 1.3 ~ 1.6 Ohms. The KFL+ seem to be happiest and perform best around those Ohm levels. I build mine around 1.4 Ohms and run them on my Cloupor DNA30 around 12 to 12.5 Watts. Best Flavor/Vapor, and no wicking issues. This build also works awesome on my iTaste SVD and VTR at the same wattage.

Just throwing this out there.

k av

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Colorado/Canada
Just from messing around with my EHPRO KFL+ and reading what others have had the most luck doing with theirs, I'd recommend keeping your build around 1.3 ~ 1.6 Ohms. The KFL+ seem to be happiest and perform best around those Ohm levels. I build mine around 1.4 Ohms and run them on my Cloupor DNA30 around 12 to 12.5 Watts. Best Flavor/Vapor, and no wicking issues. This build also works awesome on my iTaste SVD and VTR at the same wattage.

Thank you, this is very helpful :)

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO

1.3 to 1.6 doesn't really mean much without mentioning the wire gauge being used. A 1.3Ω coil using 30ga wire will perform a lot differently then a 1.3Ω coil using 26ga.

I usually build using 26ga wire for a mech, and 1.3Ω coil would be underwhelming at best. So in my case, I keep my Kayfun builds around .8-.9Ω using 26ga wire.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
This might not end well. just tightening/loosening the Kayfun to fill and reattach may cause the screw to twist the block.

Most Kayfuns DO NOT have an adjustable 510 - that is a Russian Feature and has been added to Tobaco clones.

This Kit should solve your problem
Fatdaddyvapes Tobeco Kayfun Lite Plus Complete Overhaul Rebuild Kit | eBay

I thought the new EHPRO's DID have adjustable pins?

I know the black edition ones do as well.. The KF won't even fire on my provari with the tank ring unless i extend the pin which is annoying

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
I think i will just try to unscerew it and see what happens.

EDIT: it works now :D
hopefully there won't be an issue with the little block/flat delrin piece spinning around

That is an issue.. If the two blocks on the deck touch each other you will get a short. In a mechanical mod, not a good thing. that screw needs to be tight with the two blocks not touching. the stingray's 510 pin should adjust up far enough to make contact without having to mess with the 510 screw on the KF

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I thought the new EHPRO's DID have adjustable pins?

I know the black edition ones do as well.. The KF won't even fire on my provari with the tank ring unless i extend the pin which is annoying

No clue about the latest EHPro - I have filled my inventory with 2 Black Editions and 5 Fasttech(unbranded) KFL's
The Black Editions ARE Tobeco special build units. Now copied to the Tobeco Silver Edition.

As to Wire Gauge:
I build according to the particular Mod/setup I'm going with.
For most of my Kayfuns I use a 18350 Nemesis or a kicked 18500. These get 30ga. and work excellent between 1.2-1.8ohms
Yes, for an 18650 I would use a lower ga. wire and drop below 1.0ohm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread