Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
A little background - Last week, I bought an iClear 30 and 16. The i30 is for use on my Provari and the i16 was for my VV Smoov (like eGo twist) for out and about. Been very satisfied with the performance of the i30 in every respect.

The problem - Today I was ready to try the i16 for the first time. But, before filling it, I remembered posts claiming that wicking and flavor are improved by fluffing the wicks on the i16. So, I fluffed them, put it together, the proceeded to fill it. The fluffed wicked damn-near filled the tank leaving little room for juice. Was not easy to try and get enough juice in it to feel or look like it was filled. Any rate, let it sit for about 15 minutes then tried a vape. First couple vapes were pretty damn good. Then, started getting a burnt taste. No amount of tilting or twirling would stop the burnt taste.

The fix - Took the i16 apart, and not a drop of juice was in the tank. It was all in the wicks! I then cut the bottom third or so off of the wicks, reassembled and filled the tank - of course it took more juice this time. Viola! No more burnt taste. Been vaping it pretty hard for the last hour and and every vape has been great. Now working like I expected it to in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread