The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Flavor is too strong!!

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Kyle Simmons, Oct 11, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kyle Simmons

Kyle Simmons Full Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I just purchased a new voopoo Vinci and I'm using the .8ohm coil at 18w with 35mg juice. The nicotine isn't too strong and it's definitely smooth. When I take a puff the flavor I get leaves a very strong coating in my mouth. Is it just the way the vape is or is it the juice? Its not a brunt taste at all, just very intense flavor with a slight coating. Any thoughts?

2. greek mule

greek mule Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    What is the brand and name of the juice?
    How long do you vape?(New vaper?)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I always find manufactured flavours stronger than I like. My solution is to order juice at double the nicotine level I want and mix it with an equal amount of VG/PG.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. uthinkofsomething

uthinkofsomething Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    If you can open the airflow more that generally reduces flavor. Also changes how warm and dense the vapor is, though.
    As I got new tanks and rda's that were more and more flavorful and lower resistance I did not care for how syrupy sweet most commercial e-liquids can be, and many of the flavors were a bit strong. I got fed up about a year ago and started making liquid myself. I am very happy with how that is working out.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Try adjusting your wattage down or up and see if that helps, the vinci has very good flavor. There are only 2 selections for airflow have you tried them both?

• Like Like x 1
  6. uthinkofsomething

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Another option would be to get some unflavored e-liquid base in the same nicotine strength as the e-liquid you already have and dilute it. Does not have to be precisely measured, just cut it down however much you want.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Not having vapes that particular device I would say it is the juice.

8. Kyle Simmons

Kyle Simmons Full Member

Aug 21, 2019
    Propaganda cookie butter salt juice 35mg.
    I've been vaping a few months I'm smoking on a voopoo vinci

9. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I read that initially as “propaganda cookie cutter butt”. Don’t know why. Made for a weird mental picture though.

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    How has it tasted using other devices?

11. SP013

SP013 Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Maybe your previous device was just very weak in the delivery of flavor and the Vinci just deliveres the flavor as we expect it to be these days, it might be a matter of getting used to, or your airflow is just too thight. Generally opening up the airflow will make the flavor intensity drop.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    good point. Makes me curious about the previous device
    Depends on the device but the flavor drop is not unusual. It’s one of those things designers try to avoid having happen, but they’re not always successful.

• Like Like x 1
  13. greek mule

greek mule Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    If this "coating" feeling happens only with this specific juice,then it's definitely a high flavored one.
    Dilute it as @uthinkofsomething suggested.

• Like Like x 1
  14. uthinkofsomething

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    If you do go the dilution route and get 35mg unflavored, make sure it is also the nicotine salt, if you used non-salt nic it would be harsh and you would not be happy. Actually, finding that specific amount might be tricky. I don't know the different strengths the sell nic salt base in.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    As @Hawise has said @Kyle Simmons, water it down with VG, PG, Distilled Water and or Alcohol (Ethanol). You would need to add more Nicotine with a base though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kyle Simmons

Kyle Simmons Full Member

Aug 21, 2019
    Still comes out strong and leaves a slight coating of the flavor

17. Kyle Simmons

Kyle Simmons Full Member

Aug 21, 2019
    Thank you everyone ill give those a try, I'm hoping it might drop off as the coil breaks in. Hell of a complaint to have too much flavor lol

• Like Like x 3
  18. Brian Taulbee

Brian Taulbee Moved On

Oct 14, 2019
    At least it hasnt started to leave a rubbery film on your teeth. If it ever does that, there is no hope.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. AvaOrchid

AvaOrchid Super Member

Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    That happened to me when I went from using my all-in-one device to a legit mod with a legit tank. For the first two or three days everything was too sweet and I felt like my mouth had a coating of pure sugar in it I even thought that my unflavored juice was way too sweet. I think in my excitement for my new products I was vaping a little more than I usually would but I think the main thing is just the flavor delivery was so much better. I don't know if that's the case for you but for me I believe it was. After about 3 days it calmed down and I'm good now everything tastes normal again and by happy accident it seems to have reduced my cravings for sweet sugary foods so I appreciate that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Coryb42

Coryb42 New Member

Jan 21, 2020
    I'm having the same issue, did you ever do anything to fix it? Like I can take a hit and then lick my lips and get a full taste of it.