Flavor is too strong!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Simmons

Aug 21, 2019
I just purchased a new voopoo Vinci and I'm using the .8ohm coil at 18w with 35mg juice. The nicotine isn't too strong and it's definitely smooth. When I take a puff the flavor I get leaves a very strong coating in my mouth. Is it just the way the vape is or is it the juice? Its not a brunt taste at all, just very intense flavor with a slight coating. Any thoughts?

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
If you can open the airflow more that generally reduces flavor. Also changes how warm and dense the vapor is, though.
As I got new tanks and rda's that were more and more flavorful and lower resistance I did not care for how syrupy sweet most commercial e-liquids can be, and many of the flavors were a bit strong. I got fed up about a year ago and started making liquid myself. I am very happy with how that is working out.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I just purchased a new voopoo Vinci and I'm using the .8ohm coil at 18w with 35mg juice. The nicotine isn't too strong and it's definitely smooth. When I take a puff the flavor I get leaves a very strong coating in my mouth. Is it just the way the vape is or is it the juice? Its not a brunt taste at all, just very intense flavor with a slight coating. Any thoughts?
    Try adjusting your wattage down or up and see if that helps, the vinci has very good flavor. There are only 2 selections for airflow have you tried them both?

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Maybe your previous device was just very weak in the delivery of flavor and the Vinci just deliveres the flavor as we expect it to be these days, it might be a matter of getting used to, or your airflow is just too thight. Generally opening up the airflow will make the flavor intensity drop.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Maybe your previous device was just very weak in the delivery of flavor
    good point. Makes me curious about the previous device
    and the Vinci just deliveres the flavor as we expect it to be these days, it might be a matter of getting used to, or your airflow is just too thight. Generally opening up the airflow will make the flavor intensity drop.
    Depends on the device but the flavor drop is not unusual. It’s one of those things designers try to avoid having happen, but they’re not always successful.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    If you do go the dilution route and get 35mg unflavored, make sure it is also the nicotine salt, if you used non-salt nic it would be harsh and you would not be happy. Actually, finding that specific amount might be tricky. I don't know the different strengths the sell nic salt base in.

Reactions: greek mule

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    That happened to me when I went from using my all-in-one device to a legit mod with a legit tank. For the first two or three days everything was too sweet and I felt like my mouth had a coating of pure sugar in it I even thought that my unflavored juice was way too sweet. I think in my excitement for my new products I was vaping a little more than I usually would but I think the main thing is just the flavor delivery was so much better. I don't know if that's the case for you but for me I believe it was. After about 3 days it calmed down and I'm good now everything tastes normal again and by happy accident it seems to have reduced my cravings for sweet sugary foods so I appreciate that.

Coryb42

Jan 21, 2020

I'm having the same issue, did you ever do anything to fix it? Like I can take a hit and then lick my lips and get a full taste of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread