Flavor issue on Reload X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berkiz

Apr 16, 2018
Ukraine
Hi guys, I'm back here.
I've just bought Reload X rda, and it has a really low flavor.
Comparing to my Blitzen RTA (which is finnaly gives a really good flavor), Reload X gives a flavor like "wow I know which e-juice it is".
Also Amphisbaena rda with side airflow has the similar or even better flavor than Reload X.
My actual build is staggered fused clapton (0.4x2+0.2+0.2 nichrome; 3 mm).
NuiPpK5.jpg

I'm pretty sure that there is no problems in coil build or coil set or wicking method or level of power (I've tried 70-120 watts).
The flavor is just less detailed.
BNi5d30.jpg

So the main question is: is Reload X really has a way not on of the best flavor, as many of reviewers said?

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I found the flavour "pops" if you push the coils inwards a bit rather than directly above the airflow but I also found it produces inferior flavour compared to that produced by the leak monst--sorry, Phobia rda, and the original Reload rda...still better than any side airflow device I've tried whilst being vitualy leak proof.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I found the flavour "pops" if you push the coils inwards a bit rather than directly above the airflow but I also found it produces inferior flavour compared to that produced by the leak monst--sorry, Phobia rda, and the original Reload rda...still better than any side airflow device I've tried whilst being vitualy leak proof.
I agree. On my Reload X I have the coils raised up and inward a slight bit. Also I've found you can't use real big coils in the X. I noticed in the picture the wicks look burnt on the ends. Maybe try more wicking. I would say the flavor from the X is good but I like many RDAs much better.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Coil placement is super important on the Reload X. I find flavor comes through better when the coil is not so close to the airflow like yours is. As Don mentioned, slightly raised and a bit more towards the middle. I use a 2.5 inner diameter and only 5 wraps of kanthal 24 gauge. The flavor is good, but it's not as good as some of my other rda's. I actually like the Reload RTA better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread