Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
HI Dave,

Can I ask who was the supplier for all the flavors you presently have?...I too have weak taste buds... On my path to find liquids that I could taste...I accquired far too many lol.... 3 out of all the ones Ive tried stick out in my head...Electronicstix, Rum/24 mg ( i hate real rum.. but this knocked me on my a**) I also use it on bland fruit flavors for added kick also. Thier grape wooow! lol...My go to/all day vape is still from, janes kick juice> Special blend #5..Doesnt have the greatest description but its a med range cinnamon with a tobacco under tone and mixed with tones..Love it (her 555 and abandon mint are also good " if you like a sweet mint"...

As for non sweet/ or (barely there sweet) most like an analog/cig..I'd try Cubin Cigar (strong kick)..Dunhill and or Kent for just a touch of sweet...

I wish you luck..Finding your right flavs is half the battle...

Last edited:

gpdo24

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
New York, New York
No matter how much your e-cig looks like a cigarette it Is not and can not be 'smoked' as efficiently if executed as one.
I approach with an exploring mentality that the flavor is in there somewhere and it is the work of coordinating a vaping style to any given unit and even flavor. I do find that i tend to inhale less and flood the upper palate more, also key for me is exhaling a good portion through my nostrils (rarely form with analogs for me).
Happy Hunting & hoping you find the flavor soon.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Try getting some unflavored juice and adding your own flavor. I do this with butterscotch and caramel (2 of my favorites). I get the flavors from loranns and I can make it as strong as I want or need.

You can always sell your stuff in the classified and swap forum. People will line up to buy it. you will lose some of your invesment, but al least you wouldn't be out all of it.

Hi El,, (long time pal, hope you have been well)
I wanted to post for several reasons I, like the OP, have not really bounced off the walls with enjoyment w/ any flavors and I have been vaping for 8 months, now, At times I feel like I am eating lite matches.
(However, I like that cos of the throat hot) I, Like El, love love Butterscotch and have found a few that work, But what really makes it work for me, is buying a high mg 36/ or 48 of the flavor, like B/scotch and add, flavorings, Loranns and the new water drops, Caleb/ or whatever,
The over the counter flavors people rave about, I think is crap,
Sorry all you people, that love love love the taste of x or y, cos they all suck, Cept the ones we can make work ourselves
So, Mr OP, stay with it and play until you find the right taste and flavor
Once you found a base that does not make you puke, work with it until it gets to your level of like, or love
good luck

Cori

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
USA
Dave I can certainly sympathize with you. I have been vaping for over a month, and the last week has been not been so good. Suddenly all the flavors I liked before now seem to have little to no flavor, or I'm getting this taste in my mouth that taste like chemicals almost.

I think my taste buds are changing and I got some DIY stuff, but even that taste funky to me, with little to no flavor. My son thinks I'm nuts and that I'm changing flavors too often or something. Who knows what the problem is. I'm just hoping to find one flavor that I love that doesn't go all bad tasting after a few days.

That butterscotch sounds good, where might I find that flavor? The things we go through just to get off cigarettes...I better live to be a hundred to make this all worth it. :p

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
HI adopted...surprisingly, I seriuosly hate rum but the rum e- liquid ( keep in mind my taste buds really are shot= need strong kicking flavors- and many other like this flavor) and if the Rum is too strong, adding it to bland fruit flavs really helps both..The grape is one of the strongest fruit flavors Ive tasted....

The unsweet/barely sweet analog/cig tobaccos are the ooonly ones my hubby will vape... liking all the other to sweet pipe tobacoos...

Last edited:

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
The unswett/barely sweet analog/cig tobaccos are the ooonly ones my hubby will vape... liking all the other to sweet pipe tobacoos...

He should try ECOpure. That stuff is about as close to unsweetened as you can get. The Rich variety has an almost peppery flavor. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Lazarus

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Treasure Coast, FL
The 510 is not known for "Flavor" production. Big Vapor and Throat hit, yes, flavor no.

Get yourself a 401 if you want to experience the true flavors of e-liquid.

New version of the 401 is the J-108. Comes with a PCC.

Good standard versions of the 401 are available from intellicig and freedom smokes.

Still puffing on my 901.....

Last edited:
Hey Da! I'm from Rochester too and I JUST started today. Let me know how you make out with the juices. I'm about or order a 501 and would like to know what to buy.

Where did you get your 501?

Thanks!

Hello Rochester Neighbor!

I get most of the hardware from Totally Wicked. The US site is supposed
to have a sale starting tomorrow, July 1, so you may want to check them
out. Flavor/juice problems aside :rolleyes: , the 510 ("510"!) has been exactly
what I wanted.

Enjoy!
Dave

HI Dave,

Can I ask who was the supplier for all the flavors you presently have?

I wish you luck..Finding your right flavs is half the battle...

I was avoiding mentioning names of vendors. While 30 days seems like
a long time, I still consider myself new to this whole vaping thing. And I'm
not above thinking it could just very well be ME and MY senses.

But since you asked, I got four from TW (24mg): menthol, strawberry,
cherry and watermelon. The other 26 are from EM (all 18mg) and won't list
them all here. Nothing "exotic" like lichti, migua... just your usual
collection of familiar flavors.

THANK YOU for your wish of luck! Even if I find ONE flavor, that will be
a victory. After all, the analogs I smoked for 33 years were all pretty
much the same, really.

The 510 is not known for "Flavor" production. Big Vapor and Throat hit, yes, flavor no.

Wow... I hope all these replies are not considered double/triple-posting.
Let me know... I apologize!

I'll be getting a 510 passthrough. From what I have read, it's a little
less-powered than the batteries and have read claims that flavor is
better from not running as hot. SHRUG! Will find out!

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Hi El,, (long time pal, hope you have been well)
I wanted to post for several reasons I, like the OP, have not really bounced off the walls with enjoyment w/ any flavors and I have been vaping for 8 months, now, At times I feel like I am eating lite matches.
(However, I like that cos of the throat hot) I, Like El, love love Butterscotch and have found a few that work, But what really makes it work for me, is buying a high mg 36/ or 48 of the flavor, like B/scotch and add, flavorings, Loranns and the new water drops, Caleb/ or whatever,
The over the counter flavors people rave about, I think is crap,
Sorry all you people, that love love love the taste of x or y, cos they all suck, Cept the ones we can make work ourselves
So, Mr OP, stay with it and play until you find the right taste and flavor
Once you found a base that does not make you puke, work with it until it gets to your level of like, or love
good luck

Nice to see ya posting again cos..........

I have to mostly agree with you. The only "over the counter" flavor that I enjoy with any regularity is RY4 (especially the Janty version). All of my other juice is DIY with butterscotch and caramel being my most frequently used.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
Hi there,

I can hardly taste the flavor when I vape my 510 or SD, but when I want the throat kick, it doesn't matter too much as long as it hits hard! I do find the ecopure rich to be a very satisfying vape in my 510.
When I back down to a more flavorful device, then I lose the kick. :p
There is a supplier here I vaguely remember seeing mentioning that they are going to have some double-flavor juice. I'd tell you who, but I don't remember. Maybe a less forgetful member will remind us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread