Flavors You Seek or Avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoinLaundry

Verified Member
Nov 25, 2014
Stuart, FL, USA
What flavors do you seek out after consistently good experience vaping and what do you avoid?

April 2013, fresh from smoking a half-pack-a-day for 20 years, when asked what flavor I'd like, "smoke... or gin," was the answer. Nothing tasted like gin because no one (but me) would buy that, and "smoke" meant "tobacco" but "tobacco" seemed to mean "maple syrup". Many tobacco flavors were vaped, and the car smelled more and more like maple syrup; not what I was going for.

After vaping for a year and a half, I avoid tobacco, bourbon, and am considering dodging coconut, but I seek cakes, custard, milk, and _tea_.

When I started dripping, only about a month ago, I was handed 5ml of Mother's Milk by Suicide Bunny (strawberry milk, right?) and wanted to know everything about it. The next flavors I found to be a must-must were Skyline by Tasty Cloud (pineapple upside-down cake) and Apala by Fogium (apple turnover). I've started to mix my own juice, and your go-to's will almost certainly wind up on my coils.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
i can't handle fruits of any sort unless they are very subtle . i do however like most bakery/dessert flavors and my ADV is a DIY ry4 mix light on the tobacco.... dripping adds another aspect to the mix. the lower the ohms the harder it is to discern the "high" notes in a mix.
after maybe 8 months of mixing for myself i have only come up with a few recipes that work all day everyday.

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
What flavors do you seek out after consistently good experience vaping and what do you avoid?

April 2013, fresh from smoking a half-pack-a-day for 20 years, when asked what flavor I'd like, "smoke... or gin," was the answer. Nothing tasted like gin because no one (but me) would buy that, and "smoke" meant "tobacco" but "tobacco" seemed to mean "maple syrup". Many tobacco flavors were vaped, and the car smelled more and more like maple syrup; not what I was going for.

After vaping for a year and a half, I avoid tobacco, bourbon, and am considering dodging coconut, but I seek cakes, custard, milk, and _tea_.

When I started dripping, only about a month ago, I was handed 5ml of Mother's Milk by Suicide Bunny (strawberry milk, right?) and wanted to know everything about it. The next flavors I found to be a must-must were Skyline by Tasty Cloud (pineapple upside-down cake) and Apala by Fogium (apple turnover). I've started to mix my own juice, and your go-to's will almost certainly wind up on my coils.
My Go-To's for DIY flavorings are:

Absinthe(salty liquorice, anis -esque flavor, usually really strong depending on manufacturer, good for mixing with different flavors)

LorAnn's Cherry (really good cherry candy style flavor, alcohol based so needs breathing)

InaWera Gold Ducat (although advertised as tobacco flavor, it's more of a 'snickers' flavor, caramel, chocolate and a hint of nutty flavor with a hint of menthol/peppermint/mint)

FlavorArt Lychee (really subtle, fruity flavor, slightly perfumy taste but good taste)

I have yet to find a pitahaya flavoring, but evaper.pl's Pitahaya non-DIY liquid is a killer juice, at least for me, damn cheap also! I think resembles something like a cross between watermelon and strawberry, really good succulent fruity flavor.

Last edited:

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
I suppose I am in the minority, but I vape only tobacco flavors, menthol or unflavored. If I want the taste of cakes, pies, cookies, custards, fruit, chocolate or coffee, etc., I'll eat/drink them. Vaping those types of juices make me feel like I've eaten...and then I want a regular cigarette like I do after I eat...lol. The morning smoke and the after eating smoke are the only two times I'm still struggling in my desire for an analog.

narrdarr

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
fema region 9

i haven't started diy-ing yet
but here a couple of my top favs:
kokeshi cream from the vape fu
piece of cake from the vape fu
sugar cookie ice cream from MBV (but the sugar cookie has been discontinued so you can't get it, need to dyi it)
AN&O blue berry cheese from ecblends
cinnapear from ecblends

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I buy 30ml of sweet-vapes.com's Blueberry Muffin twice a month, can't live without it. I'm attempting to come up with some blueberry DIY flavor that can take its place, but so far... *sigh*... still ordering sweet-vapes' Blueberry Muffin. :D

High Desert Vapes' Banana Nut Bread is tasty, but it sure is dark, almost black. I've started DIYing my own Banana Nut Bread, and it's almost completely clear, and just as tasty.

Andria

jarchack

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
portland, or
i can't handle fruits of any sort unless they are very subtle . i do however like most bakery/dessert flavors and my ADV is a DIY ry4 mix light on the tobacco.... dripping adds another aspect to the mix. the lower the ohms the harder it is to discern the "high" notes in a mix.
after maybe 8 months of mixing for myself i have only come up with a few recipes that work all day everyday.

I'm with you on that. Not real fond of fruit but like Bakery/Dessert and certain RY4 blends. Haven't gotten to the DIY e-juice stage yet.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I avoid anything with the word "sweat" in the name.

No kidding! I can't even bear it when people misspell "sweet" as "sweat"; that's just gross, and it's much too easy a word for such a simpleminded misspelling. I expect 1st graders can spell "sweet".

Andria

kfolse107

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Houma, Louisiana, United States
At 7 months into vaping, I'm still into tobacco flavor and menthol. I'm not much into fruity flavors. I do however have a Cinnamon /Menthol blend juice that I use occasionally.
Just like at the pizza place we go to. I want traditional pizza toppings. I can't get into cookie or dessert pizza. Yuck!

Last edited:

CoinLaundry

Verified Member
Nov 25, 2014
Stuart, FL, USA

CoinLaundry

Verified Member
Nov 25, 2014
Stuart, FL, USA
I seek Strapple, Monster energy, and Vanilla Custard.

I avoid all tobacco and menthol.

I've spent a fortune on the blue lo-carb monster, and if someone out there has nailed that watercolor-paint-ish flavor, I'd buy the heck out of it. Are you working with the green monster flavor?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
At 7 months into vaping, I'm still into tobacco flavor and menthol. I'm not much into fruity flavors. I do however have a Cinnamon /Menthol blend juice that I use occasionally.
Just like at the pizza place we go to. I want traditional pizza toppings. I can't get into cookie or dessert pizza. Yuck!

ROFL!! I feel exactly the same way about BBQ pizza! I mean, GACK!

Andria

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
No kidding! I can't even bear it when people misspell "sweet" as "sweat"; that's just gross, and it's much too easy a word for such a simpleminded misspelling. I expect 1st graders can spell "sweet".

Andria

while reading this thread i was trying to think if i ever saw the word "sweat" in a recipe or pre-made liquid....the only thing i could think of was "devils sweat" a locally made hot sauce...might be a great name for a cinnamon red hot type of juice..:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread