Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Problem is that I'm using a mech, and need lower resistance to get the vape I desire. I've gotten accustomed to sub ohm performance, and would like to get that same volume from a tank that I am from my RDA's.

Has nothing to do with your problem.
Vaping at ANY temperature simply means maintaining enough e-liquid supply to keep from dry burning.(running dry) You, on the other hand are running Overly Wet. This obviously means you are getting way more e-liquid than needed.

Installing a Flavor wick does not mean you Must use 2mm or 2x1mm. It simply means you need to add a little something to reduce the excess e-liquid passing to the coil.

You can run a SS wick and Flavor wicks on top. Lots of options.

Not sure why you would fight with a Kanger Protank over an AGA-T2 that is made for running Sub ohm. RSST is also a good choice as well as the Ithaka in Dual 1.8ohm coil mode with Ekowool wicks.

Makahowin

Sep 30, 2013
Ohio
I have been using the ProTank v1 for several months now and I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get it to work right. When it works well it is great, but when it does not, I tend to take it off and not use it for awhile. I then pull it out and start all over again. I think I have it figured out finally. I watched all the YouTube videos and tried removing wicks only to have the tank flood. I tried flipping the silicone seal upside down, but I would get dry hits. I noticed that when I would remove the tank to fill it, it would be good for awhile and then start with the dry hits again. I noticed that when I would refill the tank, I would get good vapor production for awhile, and then problems. What I have started doing now is when I start to get the burning, or just every so often, I just take the tank off, remove the bottom cap, put the bottom cap back on and vape away! It would appear that when all the wicks are left in, the tank develops a bit of a vacuum and the "burping" of the tank seems to correct it. I do NOT remove any wicks anymore and I am vaping Bobas Bounty on an iTaste SVD. I hope this helps some of you experiencing the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread