Fluid Flasks Finaly In Stock!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
it seems ive been waiting forever to get one of these for my mini provari!!
well they are finally in stock and will be sold out shortly im sure so if you have been looking to get one order them fast
i guess they have had more people sign up for notifications on it then they will have in stock so order fast if you want one
(the notice has not been emailed to me yet i just got lucky lol)

Ben C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New England
it seems ive been waiting forever to get one of these for my mini provari!!
And they work well :)

fluidflaskprovari.jpg

That said, the filling method is my least favorite of the few tanks I own. With the Trap Tank and Prive I can use a syringe very simply and with no mess, and with my IBTanked tanks, I pop the carto from the threaded end into the tank, fill into the large gap, and push the cart back through the bottom... many times without a drop to wipe up!

The Fluid Flask... SUPER TIGHT O-RINGS. A good thing overall I suppose, but I had to hammer in the last carto I used. And it requires the Lava / Bella style fill method of filling it... putting the cap on 1/2-way, then flipping the tank upside down before pushing the cap all the way on or else you loose 1/3 of your juice as it gets forced into the carto and out the bottom. And even if you do it 'right' you will most likely flood the carto a little; not too bad... just blow it out a few times, wipe a bit and lay it on its side for a while.

Still, I like that the 'sleeve' locks the caps together, and actually provides a very real protection against falls and other mishaps.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
that looks great thanks again, after watching a few reviews on them i really only have one concern as i got this for caring in my pocket,
does that top cap come off easy or has it ever come off on you in like a pocket?

when i originally found these i thought the top cap would be secured down when the sleeve was on but after seeing the videos it looks like it can come off with the sleeve on, has this been any problem for you?

Ben C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New England
Right, so there are 3 components + the tank. The bottom cap, the top cap, and the 'mouthpiece cap'. The sleeve locks the top and bottom caps onto the tank, and you're right, the 'mouthpiece cap' is held in place by: 1) The pressure of the o-ring securing it to the top cap, and 2) the pressure of the o-ring securing it to the cartomizer. While you can rock it back and forth a little, it's pretty darn secure. Much moreso than a typical drip-tip. You really have to want it to come off to make it come off.

I've had it for a couple weeks, and exclusively brought it back and forth to work for a solid week. Never had an issue with the mouthpiece coming off.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
Right, so there are 3 components + the tank. The bottom cap, the top cap, and the 'mouthpiece cap'. The sleeve locks the top and bottom caps onto the tank, and you're right, the 'mouthpiece cap' is held in place by: 1) The pressure of the o-ring securing it to the top cap, and 2) the pressure of the o-ring securing it to the cartomizer. While you can rock it back and forth a little, it's pretty darn secure. Much moreso than a typical drip-tip. You really have to want it to come off to make it come off.

I've had it for a couple weeks, and exclusively brought it back and forth to work for a solid week. Never had an issue with the mouthpiece coming off.

thats great news thanks,
looks like i should have mine about Tuesday:)

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
that is a nice looking tank i might have to get one of those for my full sized provari, but the caps are just held in place by the O-rings, the main feature i was looking for my mini was a tank as secure as i could find for back pockets etc. nice looking tank tho thanks for the link im gana save the bookmark for my next order i think:)

Ben C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New England
Just an FYI - I've used physically punched Boge cartos in the Fluid Flask, and they go in REALLY tight because of even a slight deformation. But because of the deformation, there was an indent where the holes were and you could tell the fluid was wicking into the carto, even though the holes were below the upper lip of the bottom cap (see pbusardo's vid review of the Flask re: the height of the bottom cap obscuring most pre-punched carto holes).

I tried an Ikenvape Punch! in there as well, and those 2 laser holes were completely obscured by the bottom cap's height. It wicked, but I don't think you'd want to chain vape. Most of the time I couldn't see bubbles coming up after a toot, but surely enough, the level of the juice was decreasing over time. I do recall a few more... unsatisfying hits though. Again, good enough if you don't chain vape (which I usually don't anyway). Mentally though, there's something about not seeing the holes and wondering, "How the f is the juice getting in there? Is it getting in there?" . The upside was that the laser punching meant that there was no deformation of the carto and it went in a little bit easier.

Well, I got a shipment of these cartomizers in today:
AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Boge Prepunched Cartomizers - Tank Replacement - Cartomizers - Accessories
My first try using a single laser-punched hole cartomizer... and quite a bit bigger hole for sure. No issues priming it... juice went in (Ahlusion Blue Fairy!), filler soaked it up acceptably and completely, and there was no leakage out of the punched hole. Still took some effort to get into the tank, but not bad at all with a little lube and a slap yo momma. And then...

fluidflaskbogehole.jpg

Holy schmoly - the punched hole location is perfect for this tank!

Now, a couple other things - the juice is 70PG/30VG. So, on the looser side. Put the cap on loosely, flipped the tank upside down, popped the cap all the way on, and looked down the hole. Yep, a little flooding. No biggie. Blew it out and put it on its side for a minute. The I put it on the Bombshell Stinger and took a quick vape... NICE. Full, rich, perfect. Tried it again a few minutes later... same beautiful vape. No flooding.

This was around lunchtime. Brought it to work after lunch, and used it all afternoon. Still no flooding, no dry hits, not a bad vape yet. My fears are allayed and the large size of the hole and relative looseness of the juice are not conflicts. And with the location of the punch, it's just a perfect mate for this particular tank. Just a head's up for y'all :)

Last edited:

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
nice picture and info thanks:)
im not really impressed with there shipping service so far payed about $9 for priority shipping(would have preferred ups/fed ex but was not an option) and tracking for the past three days has just been "shipping info received" and im only a days shipping away from them,
i kind of understand why company's use these shipping services, they pay less and can charge more with the ability to hide the shipping costs on the label but what i dont understand is how it takes longer to ship using these services.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I was going to order a Fluid Flask after seeing PBusardo's review, but just before I went to place my order I found the Pro-V2 from VaperFexion and ordered it instead, as it was the same price and had a skirt for the ProVari like the Z-Atty-Pro:

The PRO-V2 - Vaperfexion

pro_v2b__59168.1360886997.1280.1280.jpg

yeah, this may be next month's big splurge. it looks super on the pro vari. i'm torn between spending too much money on this tank or the amp tank...

Ben C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New England
yeah, this may be next month's big splurge. it looks super on the pro vari.
Well, if we're talkin about what looks best on a ProVari... I think the Kir Fanis Prive / Special / Varadero look tops on there. And they are significantly cheaper than the Pro V2. That said, you do have to wait for an open window to buy them, and do have the ship time from Greece to contend with.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i got mine...not as fast as i hoped i would, but it's hear. i'm happy to report that is working as good as any other high hend tank, and it definitely belongs in the "high end" part of the tank collection over here. it really grips that carto TIGHT!! i thought it was actually cut too small to accommodate the caro, and i was ready to send it back! lol. but we all knowit lthat at least 99 percent of technical issues are due to user error, after fiddling with it for a bit, i'm pleased to say it is vaping like a champ, and filling is a breeze if you have a needle tip bottle...or good aim.
regardless, it's vaping like a champ and looking almost too cool for me.. almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread