FluXomizer XL problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pita1028

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
North Jersey
So this week was my first week with my Apollo VTube and I'm loving it. I have a problem though with the Gotvapes FluXomizer I've been using though. I'm sure its me though. I filled my first with a syringe and it worked great at first, but tasted burnt after 2 days. Is this common? I bought 3 new flavors to go with them and all 3 tasted burnt almost instantly. So after 2 days I was back to my old Kanger cartos. My vv works great, but I'm not ready to Fluxo's yet. I watched a video about cleaning them today, and after taking all 4 apart they look black/burnt. 3 of them only have about 5 pulls of use what did I do wrong? I know most of you love them so please help.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
The coil will look pretty burnt and black really quickly, especially with darker juices. It's not burnt, it's just the juice gunked up on them. Same thing happens in a carto, you just don't see it.

Don't be shy about tilting Fluxos, even upside down. They won't leak. You might try trimming the wicks a little bit. They taste better and wick at least as good if you trim the bottom 1/4 off of them. If you normally vape with your PV in a vertical position, you need to make sure you tip it horizontal frequently. If you vape more horizontally, you'll really only need to do this when the juice level gets real low.

Also, don't over drive them. That will make your juice taste burnt. The coils are pretty tough and instead of just popping, they'll taste burnt if your voltage is set too high. I use the 2.6-2.8ohm on my Vtube and usually have it set to 4.1-4.3 volts.

Here are some tips and tweaks you can do with your Fluxos. I don't do all of them all the time but, now and then, they help a particular carto.

Clean them with hot water before you use them the first time. Take them apart, rinse them and then pass a lighter flame over the wicks. Do the same thing to the cup and coil. Don't melt the plastic insulation on the wires or the shrink tubing under the cup. You won't burn the wick. Do it until there's no more steam of vapor coming off the wicks. That will get rid of any residue left by the factory. Then put it back together, keeping the following in mind:

Don't try to remove the plug when the fluxo is assembled. Take it off only when you have removed the tube. It's a lot easier to deal with when the tube isn't in the way. Put it back on before you put the tube back together. The one-piece plug is a little different than other clearos. It's easy to get it tilted or out of line if you try to put it back in with the tube already on the base. Get it good and lined up, lube it with a little juice and slide the tube over it. Don't jam be plug down too tightly on the cup. When you put the drip tip on, it will push it down evenly as far as it should go. It's easy to put it too tight on the cup or to inadvertently twist or tilt it and restrict the wicks if you do it with the tube on.

When you have the plug off the coil cup, check to make sure the coil isn't sitting real high in the cup. If it is, just push it down with some tool. Be gentle. The only place I've seen these burn is on the edge little lip on the underside of the plug. It usually is very minor and almost never noticeable. You can trim that lip down a little if you want, but by the time you notice it, it is probably no longer contacting the coil and has stopped on its own.

Also, while you have the plug off, hold the coil down and pull the wicks up a little to where they exit the cup at the top of the slots. This can help wicking.

Last edited:

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
You can dry burn them to turn all of that black to ash and they should be fine. I am using an old fluxo right now and it still rocks after being filled probably 30 times. The quick burning flavor could be caused by running certain juices at too high voltage. What juices and pg/vg makeup are you using?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I've had them soaking for over an hour 2 are still black and 2 are pretty clean. Are the two black ones garbage or can I rebuild them?

You can dry burn them. Put them on your PV. It goes quicker if you let them dry first.

Don't put the tube or plug on. Just screw the base and post onto your PV.

Hit the fire button in pulses. 5 seconds on, 5-10 seconds off. Watch your voltage. You should be using 2.8-3.0 ohm Fluxos, so set it to 4.3V.

Blowing gently onto coil helps cool it between firings. Pulse it like this until you see the coil glow almost immediately when you hit the fire button.

At this point, the black stuff will have turned to a gray ash. Depending on how thick it is, you can deal with it in a few ways.

If it's light, ignore it. If it's heavy, you can brush it off with a fine, medium-stiff bristled paint brush. Blow it off REAL well afterwards and make sure you don't leave any brush bristles behind.

Or, you can rinse the ash off. If you do that, you should give it another quick dry burn. This one will go a lot faster than the first one, especially if you've let the wicks air dry beforehand.

This dry burn procedure is the standard cleaning routine you should do. You don't need to do it every time the coil looks a little black. That will have you doing it between every tank and it's totally unnecessary.

I've found soaking in alcohol or vodka really doesn't do a lot of good with the burnt on coil gunk. One hour works as well as 24 hours. A good rinse in hot water works just as well most of the time.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
What juice are you vaping?

Whatever it is, that's the black. They'll turn instantly black. That's what they do. It doesn't hurt anything until it gets so thick it interferes with heating the new juice. By that time, you won't be able to see any coils and it'll look like a little black caterpillar.

As long as it's not so bad the the wick is clogged, you won't taste that burnt on juice.

The wick is silica, so it's almost impossible to burn. The coil is high-temp wire. It won't burn either, until it breaks.

When you fill it up, tilt it just a little. It might take 30 seconds, at most, for the juice to wick up there to the coil for the first time.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Nothing really necessary. I trimmed the lip down with a tiny pair of manicure scissors on one, but it was probably unnecessary. A few of mine show a little scorching on the edge of the lip but I never tasted it and it never got worse. It might even be burnt on juice. It's hard to tell. IF you're all OCD about that kind of thing, you can trim it (don't cut it off entirely). I wouldn't bother though. A burnt taste is quite different than a burnt SILICONE taste. If it's really actually burning, you can taste it, so then trim it off. Otherwise, skip it. Trimming the lip, especially if you overdo it, will just cause it to flood more easily.

Blinx

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2012
Springdale, Arkansas
I got some fluxomizers a few weeks ago and they tasted weird/burnt. Every single one had that soapy kinda weird primer taste. I cleaned them and tried dry burning and they still had the taste. I never could vape with them. I plan on boiling them at some point to see if that will do the trick. My Vivi Nova v2.5 and stardusts I got from gotvapes are awesome though.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
If you are using the most recent version Fluxos, you can remove the silicone cup seal completely, and push a standard drip tip down until the flat end of the drip tip sits snuggly on top of the ceramic cup. This will eliminate any possibility of burning the underside of the cup seal. This doesn't work on the older versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread