Flying from California to South America - can i bring my evic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthV4P0R

Jun 3, 2013
Los Angeles
What are the TSA rules on bringing a vape on board an aircraft? Can I vape on the plane? Can i check my juices/spare tanks in my bag?

I don't want to be faced at security being told I can't bring it on board after i've already checked in my luggage, their option is to throw it away.

Anyone have any recent experience with international flights and vapes?

I flew from the US to Canada and back with a cigalike in my pocket and nary a word was said. I did not, however, vape on the plane. I did vape in the airport, though.

Also, I would recommend against checking juices or spare parts as they might leak or get broken. Put them in your carry on. If you think you might have to check it, ask at the counter when you pick up your boarding passes. So long as your juices are all less than 3 oz. and in ziplock bags, you'll meet the current FAA requirements for carrying liquids on a plane. It's the same for shampoo, body wash, etc.

Last edited:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , but vaping on most planes is forbidden . Some still stealth vape , or use the restroom . As said earlier , most TSA agents have already seen most devices , and rarely even mention them . I just put mine in my carry-on ( Laptop bag ) and they don't even mention them . Again , less than 3 oz. in a zip lock bag , and remove the batteries from the devices as well . You should be good to go . If your the least bit worried about it , take along a piece of crap device , you don't care if you lose . That way , no matter what happens , your covered . Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread