• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Folding & Hardware/Software Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
Just a note, Tim... Faster RAM has NO bearing on folding performance whatsoever. Its all about the processor!

Apology to all, please don't ban me I confused the members of this forum with the team leaders and posted in the wrong place. It won't happen again. As soon as I can get faster memory I'm going to need input on turning loose this beast. I think that's all I have to address.
Tim Eagan

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
Well Nach when I try to raise cpu speed on my aurora R3 desktop Intel I7-2600 3.40 above 3.5 the errors I begin to get were due to having the slowest poss memory that alienware/dell could get. Now I'm about as uneducated as one could be on overclocking but in all the forums on cnet and some other places people replied with the same solution. That the cpu should easily be able to go to 4.5 with the cooling system and motherboard's abilities and since my video is also set jus barely above the stock setting that if I installed faster memory it would stop the error problems when I am trying to crank up the cpu. My HDs are set so that they are on separate controllers (sata) and are sata 6 1TB each. Where should I be looking? I do appreciate your advice. I have so much to learn I know but now that I'm doing the FAH thing that maybe I could get more PPD if I tweaked the box.
1 GPU and 2 CPU GPU ID 00 1st CPU ID 01 on Core 4 2nd CCPU ID 02 Core 4.
Mostly likely the problem is sitting there glaring at me LOL... Thanks
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread