Food allergies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissEerie

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2011
San Bernardino
I was wondering about e juice and food allergies. I have a friend who is allergic to Bananas(deathly)but can eat artifical banana flavor. She is interested in Bananas flavored juices, but I have yet to let her try them..... I don't want to cause the first vaping related death in my living room:blink:. Anyone out there have any problems with allergies and juice flavors? Maybe I should invest in an epi-pen:?:!

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I haven't heard about any food allergies related to e-liquid yet, but you could probably contact your supplier and ask if there are any natural flavors used.

Definitey. And also, her physician.

Personally, were I allergic to any type of food, I would avoid it in any e-liquid like the plague. But, that's just me. If she comes into very minor contact, say like touching a banana to her skin, is there a severe or any reaction at all?

MissEerie

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2011
San Bernardino
Skin contact creates hives.... We are not out to cause problems, just morbidly curious! She has considered taking the allergy shots because of her desire to try bananas. I just figured vapin may be a good way to try the flavor. It would suck to take shots for two years, just to find out you hate bananas. I will contact the supplier. WomanOfHeart what vendor did you buy your banana from?

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
If she can eat artificial banana flavored things then the juice flavoring would have to be ALL artificial flavored. It would be dangerous for her to try any with even the slightest bit of natural flavoring.
she could always try diy liquid. there are some flavorings that can be used that have all artificial flavors. Lorann's banana creme flavor claims its artificial flavor. https://www.lorannoils.com/p-8274-banana-creme-flavor.aspx but even with that, I suggest you contact the manufacturer to be sure.

If it were me though, I think I'd take everyone's advice and just avoid it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread