Food saver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
CO, USA
Anyone used a food saver to vacuum seal refilled carts? Seems like it would force more juice into the filling material by sucking all the air out and keep them fresh too...I just started e-smoking, and I've not smoked an analog at all today, but these damn super mini-carts just suck...so I've been dripping. That's fine for home use, but it'd be nice to just grab a freshly filled cart while out. And, if I'm correct in my thinking, they should keep for quite some time in a vacuum. So even when I get my kissbox with a larger cart, I could just pre-fill a ton of them at once and store them.

Thoughts?

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
It will work.... but honestly dump that super-mini and get something better. You'll find it won't be enough...
Anyone used a food saver to vacuum seal refilled carts? Seems like it would force more juice into the filling material by sucking all the air out and keep them fresh too...I just started e-smoking, and I've not smoked an analog at all today, but these damn super mini-carts just suck...so I've been dripping. That's fine for home use, but it'd be nice to just grab a freshly filled cart while out. And, if I'm correct in my thinking, they should keep for quite some time in a vacuum. So even when I get my kissbox with a larger cart, I could just pre-fill a ton of them at once and store them.

Thoughts?

Aiden

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
CO, USA
It will work.... but honestly dump that super-mini and get something better. You'll find it won't be enough...

I ordered a kissbox extended classic, it should be here this week I hope, shipped yesterday. If that works out, I'll order another...if not, I'll order a SD. I got the Npro, wanting something similar to an analog, and will still probably use it when out and about...but I'm hoping for more vapor from the KB.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
It's a nice idea, but if I'm thinking the same thing you are thinking, it would suck all the juice out of them.

What I'm initially thinking of is the times I have chicken breasts and I put marinade in the packs to freeze them (cooking tip - great thing to do since when you take them out to thaw, they are already in the marinade!).

What I found out I have to do it put the chicken & marinade in the freezer to get the liquid basically frozen, THEN seal it up with the Food Saver. Other wise, all the liquid gets sucked up towards the opening. There's no way then to get all the air out and if you aren't quick enough to hit the seal button, you end up with a big mess on your hands!

If you are thinking about just cutting down the bags & then sealing them without using the vacuum aspect of it, I could see that working; but those bags are pretty expensive. In that case, it might be cheaper to purchase pre-filled carts & just toss them, or save them to refill for home usage.

You really have me thinking with this one!

Aiden

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
CO, USA
It's a nice idea, but if I'm thinking the same thing you are thinking, it would suck all the juice out of them.

What I'm initially thinking of is the times I have chicken breasts and I put marinade in the packs to freeze them (cooking tip - great thing to do since when you take them out to thaw, they are already in the marinade!).

What I found out I have to do it put the chicken & marinade in the freezer to get the liquid basically frozen, THEN seal it up with the Food Saver. Other wise, all the liquid gets sucked up towards the opening. There's no way then to get all the air out and if you aren't quick enough to hit the seal button, you end up with a big mess on your hands!

If you are thinking about just cutting down the bags & then sealing them without using the vacuum aspect of it, I could see that working; but those bags are pretty expensive. In that case, it might be cheaper to purchase pre-filled carts & just toss them, or save them to refill for home usage.

You really have me thinking with this one!

I was thinking of the juice getting sucked out...but the carts are hard plastic, so I'm wondering if that would allow the juice to be sucked in to the fibre instead.:confused: I'll give it a shot this weekend, I'll just try a couple to see what happens.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I was thinking of the juice getting sucked out...but the carts are hard plastic, so I'm wondering if that would allow the juice to be sucked in to the fibre instead.:confused: I'll give it a shot this weekend, I'll just try a couple to see what happens.

Hmmm.....I see; make sure that the mouthpiece of the cart is facing towards the opening of the bag...I see....(stroking my chin thoughfully)......off to ponder this....actually sounds like it would work perfectly...

Aiden

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
CO, USA
Hmmm.....I see; make sure that the mouthpiece of the cart is facing towards the opening of the bag...I see....(stroking my chin thoughfully)......off to ponder this....actually sounds like it would work perfectly...

Now your gettin' me...Mouthpiece facing the foodsaver, with the stopper in the atty end...I'm thinking, overfill a little and do a controlled vacuum, until you see a little fluid coming out the mouthpiece end...then seal.

Oh, and if you're just refilling a bunch, and don't want to seal/store them. You could re-use the same piece of bag. You could refill a ton of carts at once with this method...if it works. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread