For all you chain Smoker's / Vaper's

Status
Not open for further replies.

legionvr6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
los angeles
ok so for all the chain smoker's that are converting or chain vaper's that can't seam to find an atomizer tank that can keep up but dont wanna deal with carto's because of the mess and the fact that for the most part the tank slides right off the carto and get's all over the place if miss handled.

i picked up an AGR tank yesterday. once assembled the carto is locked into the tank section in a way that it CAN NOT come out. think cato tank with an atomizer twist. stick it in your pocket and do what ever it is you want.

there is also the AGR+ version with the pyrex tank (next on my list of tank to add to the collection)

so if you're looking for a tank that can keep up with chain vaping. carto is the way to go. if you are paranoid like me about cato's spilling in your pocket take a peek at the AGR. i found a shop by my house that had one but i think they are a little hard to find.

it uses non flagged carto's so you can use the condom method to prime.

for filling the tank it has a thumb screw on the top cap so you can use a needle bottle but personaly i just take the screw off then unscrew the top cap and fill that way.
taking the screw out before removing the top cap prevents and negative pressure and having the screw off when putting it back on prevents and positive pressure.

hoping this help a new comer out and saves them in the hunt for a tank that can keep up with heavy vaping

legionvr6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
los angeles
Have you ever tried the smoketek cartos? https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=510DCTC I've read they are quite good and a fillable with a condom. They aren't supposed to leak either.
i prefer Boge but you can use smoktech as well. except with the one's in that link are flagged so you can't use the condom method. also these are just the carto's. the AGR is a tank you use with a carto.

Devauto i totally agree!!!! carto's take a bit of practice. i hated them at first but that was just cuz i didn't wanna learn lol
my buddy got me a custom IBtanked carto tank as a gift and made me learn. took no time at all till i realized how much more flavor you get out of a carto over an atomizer plus how easy it is

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Thanks for the advice and review. The AGR+ is already on my list for my next purchase. Got my power supply figured out--time to experiment with juice delivery improvement!

ETA: Oh, and I just watched a video on "condom filling." Silly me (newbie) couldn't figure out in my head how a CONDOM condom would help with filling. LMAO :blush:. Duh, the rubber cover thingy is called a condom :facepalm:. I'm so embarrassingly inexperienced here...

Last edited:

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I like carto tanks and have a few. I like the flavor you get with them, for me the vapor production is not as good as I like but it is doable. I use them strictly at home or for leaving on the desk in the office. My work takes me from conditioned to unconditioned spaces for periods of a few hours. Nothing like getting the carto tank out of your pocket to realize the change in pressure has emptied the tank through the carto and into the pocket and PV....

Just my experiences though...

My RBAs and rewicked Kanger heads keep up with chain vaping for on the go.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
ok so for all the chain smoker's that are converting or chain vaper's that can't seam to find an atomizer tank that can keep up but dont wanna deal with carto's because of the mess and the fact that for the most part the tank slides right off the carto and get's all over the place if miss handled.
That happens when the inner o-ring(the one holding the carto on the bottom) isn't tight enough.

:)

legionvr6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
los angeles
My Aspire BDC's keep up with chain vaping no problem. But I am curious about cartos...

my aspire can to.... for the first day but then almost feels like it needs a new coil. plus the flavor quality for me is way better on a carto. i mean i'll always have coil tanks in my collection but at the moment i love carto's. next up will be an RBA and ill see how those are for me

That happens when the inner o-ring(the one holding the carto on the bottom) isn't tight enough.

:)

true but im one of those paranoid people. something about the tank holding on by just pressure bugs me.

i know PBusardo tested the phiniac and was kinda shocked looking at how much force was needed to pull that thing apart but i just want the peace of munch that its all screwed together.

legionvr6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
los angeles
get a kayfun, russian or one of the many clones. they keep up just fine.

that being said, i use carto tanks everyday as well as a kayfun... never have issues. unless im intoxicated... then its mess city or broken carto town.

that's actually my plan. thinking of finding a nice clone (dont wanna spend that much on the first one) and seeing what comes out.

just thought i'd share the info on the AGR and the AGR+ for those like me that are paranoid and really want something that screws together and cant accidentally come apart

blargman

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
lolidunno
i prefer Boge but you can use smoktech as well. except with the one's in that link are flagged so you can't use the condom method. also these are just the carto's. the AGR is a tank you use with a carto.

Devauto i totally agree!!!! carto's take a bit of practice. i hated them at first but that was just cuz i didn't wanna learn lol
my buddy got me a custom IBtanked carto tank as a gift and made me learn. took no time at all till i realized how much more flavor you get out of a carto over an atomizer plus how easy it is

Are you sure?
Smoktech Standard DCT Maintenance Tutorial - The Complete Smoktech Cartotank Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread