For Newbies trying to decide on a good starter set.......itaste vv deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mimi-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
here, there and everywhere
I, like most people, started with the ego twist starter set. I am not overly fond of it and wish I had known about other items available that are good for newbies. This is one that I have seen several times and really like. It is a great deal so I thought I would pass it along if anyone is interested:

NEW - Innokin iTaste VV

It is the new innokin Itaste VV. Like the twist, you can adjust the voltage, this just has the led screen that can be SEEN with the push buttons to change the voltage. I hate the twist because it is soooo hard to see the settings!!! If I hadn't already ordered 2 other mods, I would be buying this. This doesn't have a tank (I don't think). I would recommend a mini nova. I am not a fan of carts so I can't recommend which cartomizer would work with this.

Just wanted to pass along a this deal............

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I think you need adapters, etc for those things.
I'd be a little leery.

No adapter needed with that version of the iTaste. From their site: native eGo /510 connection. The iTaste is compatible with many types of eGo and 510 threaded devices including: Vision Clearomizers, eGo-T/C atomizers, 510 cartomizers, 510 threaded tanks etc. and does not require the use of thread covers with eGo native connections.

NEW - Innokin iTaste VV

ChipHead

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Florida
I love the Vivi Nova! Have a bunch of them.
They rate awesome! No offense, but doesn't
just about anything Kanger not rate very good?

No offense taken! I bought two mini vivi nova kits with spare heads from lite cig. Both have muted flavor and leak into the battery regardless of which head I put on. Leaks so bad the end of my twist would fill up with juice and leak over my hand when I unscrewed the battery. They're now permanent residents of my junk box. I'm glad others enjoy them but they're not for me. I've been exclusively using the Kanger T3 for about a month now and have had zero issues with them. I started with two complete units and two spare heads and I still have three working heads in service

rcpcdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
no offense to the OP but 1 battery for $50 with no juice delivery device and no juice is a bad way for a noob to start

always get 2 of everything if you are just starting out IMHO:

2 twists/spinners
2 mini novas/T2s
2+ bottles of juice
2 chargers

$100 or less with even a little ego case to hold your stuff and you got a good starter kit. worry about graduating later and keep the sample pack juice orders coming. you do not want to run out of parts/juice or you will be at the gas station in a heartbeat buying a pack of the stinkys

-Mimi-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
here, there and everywhere
rcp, I started out with what you recommend and actually hate it. I spent $50 on my starter set that had 2 twist batteries and horrible clearomizers. I feel like I wasted money. I probably vape and have vaped more than a normal beginner since the day I started. After 2 weeks of vaping, I started looking at other options. I truly wish I had looked at other options from the get go and bought something different. It would have saved me money in the long run. Yes, there are people who love the twist BUT there are more who end up wanting vv's and not understanding how they work, buying one or two different mods trying to find one that suits them without knowing much about them or to learn how to use them etc. This is just one of many that are a happy medium to me. For $100 or less, they can get a GOOD start up kit and not the twist - plus juices and other supplies.

I did think it had 2 batteries though so that part is my mistake. I have seen this kit for the same price that did have 2 batteries. Juice is something we all buy when starting out and buy from several vendors to try out their juice. That is a given so I didn't feel the need to go into buying that.

Not everyone loves the twist or loves it enough to stick with it. I know we all have opinions of what a beginner should start with. They should be aware of other beginner options that aren't just the ego batteries and twist. :)

rcpcdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
No doubt mimi and like I said no offense as well, just $50 for a battery that lasts no longer than a twist/spinner is not really worth it for the extra 0.2v you can turn it up

I already bought a YJ 2.0 for at home, once i got the pesky pin issue fixed with an adapter it works great and i love it, was $75 for a kit

(Disclaimer: personal opinion below)
I would say probably 80% of the quality experiance you get from vaping is obtained from the juice and your preferred method of juice delivery. the battery you put that on just depends on how far you want to push the voltage/wattage and how much vape time you can get out of one battery. quality of the battery comes into play on how long you will be able to use it etc and there is value in being able to replace a $10 mod battery vs $25 for a twist or something proprietary like the itaste vv as well "Built-in 800 mAh polymer Li-Ion Intelligent rechargeable battery" stolen from the features of that page

moral of the story, you can have a Provari with a crappy juice in a crappy old carto and it still tastes like crap or you can have your favorite juice in your favorite LR atomizer matched with a beat up old ego battery and have it be bliss

:2c:

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
Why not the Itaste M.V.P? Not a heckofalot more in price. Novas are hit and miss. I own 5 of them and some flavors work well while others are muted. I have even seen 1 juice work well with a Nova only to be muted on another nova. The Kanger T3 I have wont die but I may need a new bottom coil because the flavor sucks after cleaning and switching to a new juice. Sorry, I know I'm off subject. I see no problem with a Twist or Spinner with either of these tanks for a newbie. Even toss in a carto tank in the mix.

xdmanalo

Nov 5, 2012
California
moral of the story, you can have a Provari with a crappy juice in a crappy old carto and it still tastes like crap or you can have your favorite juice in your favorite LR atomizer matched with a beat up old ego battery and have it be bliss

+1

Batts by themselves are more of a commodity than juice and juice delivering methods. Of course, if it's valuable to you, go for the LED display, buttons, etc. that may come with a mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread