Forgot my cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimson

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Arizona
Still smoking analogs, but have cut down quite a bit. Not going for the full transition until I have enough extra supplies on hand.

Well, yesterday I left the house without my pack of analogs, you heavy smokers know that one would never go anywhere w/o enough smokes.

I didn't forget to take my mini-pipe though.

I think this just might work.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Oh, yes . . . I remember the first time I actually got into the car without my cigarettes. It was only a couple of days after I started vaping, and I think I had only one analog that day (I was down to one or two a day almost immediately). I didn't actually forget them, but, rather, I decided not to take them.

I expected to feel incredibly anxious, but all I felt was a bit nervous and excited.

While I was a smoker (2+ packs a day), I'd travel with an open pack of cigs and a lighter in my back pocket, and one or two packs stuffed in the purse just in case. I might forget my house keys, my cell phone, and, yes, even my purse, but I would never, ever forget my cigs.

Now, of course, I travel with my e-cig, a backup atomizer, a backup battery or two, maybe 3-4 different eliquids, a cloth, and a paperclip. And, of course, I have a USB passthrough in the car. :D

Congrats, Jimson. :)

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I left the house last week without my personal vaporizer - haven't had an emergency analog on me for over a month. I was away for over two hours without the new habit/crutch and did just fine.

As JustJulie commented, having enough analogs was always forefront in my mind. If I was going out for a few hours and my open pack only had a few left, I would open a new pack, pull a few cigs out and drop them into the pack I was working on. Wow, what an addiction.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I've been totally analog free for 3 weeks - I had my last open pack of cigs (2 left) in my coat breast pocket....always there whenever I left the house, but never touched.

Just yesterday morning, I went into the kitchen and saw the pack, the lighter, and the two cigarettes on the table - the cigs had been deliberately broken by my son. I experienced a bit of a shock (OMG - MY LAST CIGARETTES!) then realized that I didn't need them - I have a great kit that I take with me everyday (the 901, 2 batteries, the Janty, 2 batteries, and 2 different juices).

The last crutch has been tossed away and I'm free!!!

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
On the flip side of this equation, I'm just about to go out and have collected my usual set of PV gubbins. Let's see:

• Dura-C, spare battery, spare cart, spare atomiser;
  • Pilot, spare battery, spare cart, spare atomiser;
  • miniature bottle of JC Tennessee Cured;
  • tweezers for fluffing cart filler.

That should do me for an hour's shopping trip ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread