Forum Suppliers question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
Are the "suppliers", is it okay for them to post replying to many posts and to have an "ad" for their company in their sig? I don't know about today but yesterday there was a guy (he is from my same area so that was why I noticed him) on a lot of the threads I was on, and he had a link to his company's website in his signature as well as something of an ad for it. This sorta bothered me a little bit...not a bunch, but it's like he's getting "free advertising" by just replying to posts...thanks

I guess for me it "colors" what the person said by making me wonder if they just "want to advertise". . and are only posting so they can add that sig line with their business. If this is okay I am good with it but I never yet noticed anyone else doing it...of course I am quite new...

Last edited:

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
Thank you I tried to look thru the "suppliers rules" and stuff but just didn't find anything. I am in a type of "dogs with cancer" support group and we stopped allowing people to add their dog rescue link, hobby kennel name, etc because it made people wonder if they were "sincere" or just wanted to get their link out there :-( Of course that's a "support group" not an informational group like this but I found it distracting. If I see the person posting again, I will click that triangle. PS Caridwen I LOVE your avatar! Which is odd for me because I have always been a "tom-boy girl"LOL thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread