Found a good article about Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
Nicotine, the Wonder Drug?
This notorious stimulant may enhance learning and help treat Parkinson's, schizophrenia and other neurological diseases.

Nicotine, the Wonder Drug? | DiscoverMagazine.com

excerpt:

In short, the estimated 45.3 million people, or 19.3 percent of all adults, in the United States who still smoke are not nicotine fiends. They’re nicotine-anabasine-nornicotine-anatabine-cotinine-myosmine-acetaldehyde-and-who-knows-what-else fiends. It is tobacco, with its thousands of chemical constituents, that rightly merits our fear and loathing as the Great Satan of addictiveness. Nicotine, alone: not so much.

Reactions: Izan

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Nicotine, the Wonder Drug?
This notorious stimulant may enhance learning and help treat Parkinson's, schizophrenia and other neurological diseases.

Nicotine, the Wonder Drug? | DiscoverMagazine.com

excerpt:

In short, the estimated 45.3 million people, or 19.3 percent of all adults, in the United States who still smoke are not nicotine fiends. They’re nicotine-anabasine-nornicotine-anatabine-cotinine-myosmine-acetaldehyde-and-who-knows-what-else fiends. It is tobacco, with its thousands of chemical constituents, that rightly merits our fear and loathing as the Great Satan of addictiveness. Nicotine, alone: not so much.
So I quit smoking but didn't have to quit nicotine and that turns out to be a good thing. I'm calmer, more relaxed when I can take a puff at will with no more anxiety about the bad effects of smoking. Sometimes I'm asked when I'll stop vaping. Why should I do that?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Sometimes I'm asked when I'll stop vaping. Why should I do that?
    Ya, I've been asked that too, or told/suggested "Now you just got to..", which makes absolutely no sense to me. My eyes are getting sore from rolling them so much..

Reactions: 90VG

luckyhn001

Moved On
    Apr 11, 2017
    • Deleted by retired1

Mechvap

Apr 18, 2015
    Mexico

Mechvap

Apr 18, 2015
    Mexico

Mechvap

Apr 18, 2015
    Mexico

Mechvap

Apr 18, 2015
    Mexico

Mechvap

Apr 18, 2015
    Mexico

Mechvap

Apr 18, 2015
    Mexico

Mechvap

Apr 18, 2015
    Mexico

Mechvap

Apr 18, 2015
    Mexico

Mechvap

Apr 18, 2015
    Mexico
    So I quit smoking but didn't have to quit nicotine and that turns out to be a good thing. I'm calmer, more relaxed when I can take a puff at will with no more anxiety about the bad effects of smoking. Sometimes I'm asked when I'll stop vaping. Why should I do that?

What people do not realize is that vaping also satisfies the psychological addiction to smoking. You know, the "ritual", you open the pack, smell the tobacco, get the lighter, light up and then you haves something in your hands that calm you down as well as the nicotine rush. Now we take the mod, fiddle with the watts, temp, take a drag fiddle with the AFC and then we have something in our hands that satisfies the oral fixation. This is why vaping has been so successful, it attacks tobacco addiction in the two most pervasive fronts. I am vaping at 3 mg just because, hahaha, I can go a day without vaping without feeling any anxiety, etc. But I enjoy vaping in the same manner I enjoyed smoking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread