Found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
That funky cotton taste. I thought all the fuss was just an excuse to buy expensive cotton or bragging about boiling cotton. Just getting into dripping and after some time I've noticed all my juices have a funky after taste. This is true from all three of my rda's but not so obvious in my Russians. Going to research boiling methods and see if there is improvement.

Guess not everything on the internet is just hype.

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
Hmm, generally when I've put too much it chokes and burns, this insnt a burnt cotton taste. It's more an aftertaste. It may be the PG or VG, I'm not sure. I know one of those has the fog machine taste and smell but I forget which is commonly used in those and it isn't that. I'll know for sure after some experimentation with boiled cotton.

Thanks for the reply.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
I tried rebuilding coils and using cotton balls as the wick. First vape ended up with a distinct burnt taste. I removed the wick and started over making sure that it was well saturated everywhere possible, and vaped a few times. Unfortunately it changed the taste distinctly of the liquid that I was using so now the cotton balls are used to remove my wife's makeup instead of in our coils. Perhaps it is something that I'd get used to, I just don't know. But for the moment, unless I absolutely have to rebuild a coil instead of buying a new one, I think I'll avoid using cotton again in the future if possible. The heated cotton adds a very distinct flavor addition to the liquids that I use that I just don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread