Not open for further replies.

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
I've tried FA and TPA/Signature in many different percentages and with or without sweetener, and the winner is....

Capella Sweet Strawberry, 13%

I think this is what VaporBomb is using, I can't smell or taste any difference, but of course I am probably wrong.. although they aren't selling strawberry flavor in their DIY section :p

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
Thanks NicLiq. Do you let it sit for a while or do you vape it rite away? The strawberry flavorings from TFA And Loranns that I have used didn't have but maybe a hint of strawberry flavoring. It had taken about two weeks for the strawberry flavor to pop out. My mix was,.... 10 mil bottle,.........12 milligram Nic. 5.4mil pre-mixed 30VG-70PG, 2.5mil 48mg nic base, 0.8mil TFA- strawberry, 0.8mil Loranns strawberry, 2 drops vodka, 2 drops Loranns tart&sour flavoring.
I really like this flavoring but I'd also like to try another strawberry flavor.. I don't remember who gave me this recipe but it's pretty good. I guess I'm making an order with capellas next week. :)

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
It's good on the second day, but best from the third day+ (when it turns a faint yellow). I haven't noticed a change in flavor after the third day. I will try your recipe too, thanks! FlavourArt is the truest strawberry to me, but it needs sweetener, and then you taste the sweetener if that makes sense.

I don't know if you like coffees, but Cappuccino from Capella is great at 10% with 1 drop per 15 ml of FlavourArt Coffee Expresso (optional - just adds a bit of fresh coffee - don't add any if working with less than 15 ml).

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
"NicLiq" I'll probably have it made up by the end of next...Thank you... and I love the coffees. This is actually when I began to murder juices. It all began when I wanted to vape a sweet expresso. I tried and tried and even went along with some of the posted recipes before and no matter what att / carto I used, it just sorta tast like burnt coffee beens. I have made some that are ok....but it's still not my all day vape. Thanks for the new recipe. I'll try it..

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
I think the coffees are tough because everyone wants to work with really small batches and it just doesn't work because they are so concentrated. With FlavourArt, the expresso is wonderful, but if you go over 4 drops in 15 ml, it's ruined, and if you add more than 1 drop of EZ-Sweetz to that 15 ml, its ruined.

I have to play with 10 ml at a time of 0 nic PG/VG to get something right because every time I go small, it's a disaster.

I hope you like Capella's Sweet Strawberry as much as I do :)

Pizop11

May 27, 2009
Norco, California
No, there's barely any throat hit.

Thats because of all the VG that you use though correct? I used to DIY liquid myself like 2 years ago but got out of it. Was thinking of doing it again but Can't remember how i finally got my liq's to have a hit. I think I used grain alcohol but I've been reading on here the VG cuts out your TH and if you used PG the TH wont go away. Does that sound correct to you?

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
Yes, there is a lot of VG in this and that affects TH. Also, I only have 36 mg base, so this ended up being 12 mg and that also would affect it too.

I have plain PG and I had experimented with decreasing the VG, but the flavor changed - I'm going to try to make the next batch 60% PG/40% VG and try 12% flavor.

I've been on a mission to try to get a decent DIY strawberry for myself so I wasn't concerned about TH (it's not a big deal for me).

brokenbrains

Aug 8, 2010
Wa
Mixed some of this up the other day. Thought I noticed a bit of a fresh green note in there. Nice. I think it's more towards a fruity strawberry than a candy strawberry. Doesn't have that bitter note that comes with a box of strawberries, though. More like strawberry jam.

Mixed it at 20%. Pretty good on it's own. 15% is probably sufficient.

Ended up mixing it with some old cream-flavoured juice I mixed up a long time ago. And now I'm having trouble putting it down. Normally not the sort of thing I'd go for - I like tobacco, coffee, and anise-type flavours, but... It is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread