Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I'm starting this thread because the one I started on the Fountain V2 in August 2015 has been closed to further replies. I don't know why. Fountain V3 has just been listed on FT and I've ordered it.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10016625/4706300

Screenshot 2016-04-26 at 9.22.30 AM.png

Reactions: Kenna

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Design changes evident in the V3:

Velocity style deck. Good.

The squonking section of the V3 does not use a replaceable squeeze bottle, instead integrates the function to the section itself. Not sure about longevity, possible leaking, or whether the electrical contact consistency is affected by the new design. No conclusion about this yet.

Chamber/top cap is made of plastic, has an integrated drip tip, and provides both top air and side air. Top air has AFC via a SS ring, and can be turned off. Side air has no AFC and can't be turned off. No conclusion about this yet.

No wolf engraving. Good.​

Reactions: Kenna

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
A few impressions from day one:

1) Fountain V3 arrived today. Two negatives right off the bat: schitzoid wolf graphic :( and smaller ID top cap. :mad: Currently soaking...

2) Vaping great. Stock side air holes are a tad airy for me, but close enough. Spit back guard smooths the vapor nicely. The velocity posts are great to build on of course, though the juice well is smaller and shallower than V2. New squonk section holds a bit more than V2's bottle, about 1.5 ml more, and the squonk action is nicer due to the softer more elastic material compared to the bottle's polyethylene.

So far so good performance-wise. The smaller top cap ID pisses me off though. Can't just throw on the stock or custom tops from the V2. On the plus side, the built in drip tip ID fits standard 510s, so I can cut it off and replace with SS or Delrin if I want.

3) Getting some especially great flavor from the V3. Positioned the coils high so the air hits the bottom of the coils and goes around them more thoroughly. No center post in the way. At least that's why I think the flavor is improved. YMMV.

IMAG1701_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG1700_picmonkeyed.jpg

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Last edited:
Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Thanks, @TheWestPole ! I've been looking at the Fountain and the Super Hero (Fasttech carries both of them), but having no experience with squonking, they sit in my wish list.

Anyone have any input on the Super Hero ($13.02 Super Hero Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / stainless steel + glass + plastic / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping)? I have a red Athena Envy22 that I think this would be perfect for, but I hesitate...

Super Hero is a Fountain V2 with a different top cap/drip tip, which has a propeller in it. The propeller seemed so ridiculous to me I never bought one.

The hang up of either one on a Envy 22 is the atty cage blocking access of your fingers to the squonk window. Of course you could modify the cage. :2cool:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Thanks, @TheWestPole ! I've been looking at the Fountain and the Super Hero (Fasttech carries both of them), but having no experience with squonking, they sit in my wish list.

Anyone have any input on the Super Hero ($13.02 Super Hero Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / stainless steel + glass + plastic / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping)? I have a red Athena Envy22 that I think this would be perfect for, but I hesitate...

You will find more info in my original Fountain V2 thread:

Fountain V2 Bottom Feeder: Squonk your Atty, not your Mod!

mooters01

Jun 1, 2016
Just modified my fountain V2 the other night. Put an extra oring at the base and modified my Doge V2. Very tight fit. Used it at work all day today. Currently running dual coils at .4 for a very warm vape at 30 watts.

Of course I had to do some sanding with a dremel but hey, it works like a champ.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Just modified my fountain V2 the other night. Put an extra oring at the base and modified my Doge V2. Very tight fit. Used it at work all day today. Currently running dual coils at .4 for a very warm vape at 30 watts.

Of course I had to do some sanding with a dremel but hey, it works like a champ.

That's a thought, and I have a Doge V? laying around somewhere. Might try it myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread