Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Freemax Autopod50 Pod mod Kit

Freemax has the distinction of having first released the double, triple, quadruple, quintuple Mesh Sub-Ohm coils on its tank M Pro in 2018, since then, Freemax has greatly increased its popularity rating among Vaper's.

Now FreeMax is preparing to beat another world record with the Freemax Autopod50 the first Pod / Mod kit to use a double Mesh / Coil, it has in fact updated its COILTECH (1-2-3) to the COILTECH4.0 version

Enjoy the reading.

The packaging shows the image of the Freemax Autopod50 Pod Mod Kit on the front together with 3 circular stamps that remind us of some salient features that we will see later on.

On the backside of the package are listed the specifications, the content, the manufacturer's address, logos, brands, bar code and indication on the color of the product inside the package, finally for safety we find an anti-counterfeiting and scratch hologram and check.

1.jpg

First opening of the package.

2.jpg

Package contents:

— 1 FreeMax Autopod50
    — 1 Mesh Coil AX2 0.25Ω 30-50W (Best 40W)
    — 1 Mesh Coil AX2 0.5Ω 15-35W (Best 30W)
    — 1 silicone protection for Mod
    — 1 USB Type-C cable
    — 1 Warning Card
    — 1 Guarantee Card
    — 1 User Manual

3.jpg

As for the silicone protection for the Mod was not present in my Sample (too bad) I still found an image on the net.

4.jpg

Dimensions / Weight

— Dimensions 24.5x45.5x94mm
    — Weight 157gr

5.jpg

6.jpg

Technical features:

Battery capacity 2.000mAh
    2A fast charge
    Pod capacity 4ml (2mlTPD)
    Output Voltage 0.7-7.5V
    Output Wattage 5-50W
    Pod material: PCTG
    Coil material: SS904L military grade
    Coil absorbent material: Cotton with Tea fibers
    Low resistance protection
    Open circuit protection
    Time out protection 10s
    Short circuit protection
    High temperature protection
    Low voltage protection
    Available colors: Blue / yellow, Black / Red, Blue, Gunmetal, Coral, Green.

7.jpg

The Mod is built entirely of zinc alloy and this gives it a certain weight if compared to its small size, in the hand the feeling is that of extreme robustness, I would have liked to find the silicone cover unfortunately it was not present in the package or perhaps not it was still in production when this sample was sent to me.

The classic design with rounded edges gives the Autopod50 sobriety and elegance, on the other hand the glossy surface is a real magnet for fingerprints, my sample Gunmetal (I like it very much), the images do not render as good as live, due to inevitable reflections of light by taking photos.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The Gunmetal color matches well with the fume / transparent color of the Pod, the command bridge showcases a generously sized fire button has a square shape with rounded corners, looks like shiny plastic material, on click offers good sound feedback, the 0.96 O-led screen is arranged vertically, the same vertical arrangement is adopted for the rocker arm of the Up / Down keys.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The support base of the Autopod50 houses the battery breather holes and the USB Type-C socket.
    The upper part is shaped to receive the Tank / pod, inside there are two tenacious magnets painted in black one of which is very large, at the bottom of this compartment there are the two sprung and plated / gold pins.

11.jpg

Pod:
    The cartridge has a capacity of 4.0ml (2mlTPD) and is made of transparent PCTG material, the tip is fixed and rather wide, through which you can clearly see the two craters of the COILTECH4.0 Mesh.

The coil engages under pressure and turning it slightly locks it.

The blue silicone cap hides a rather abundant buttonhole, thus allowing a rather easy refill and with different types of spouts.

The pod has 3 magnets also in this case painted in almost camouflage black, two of these magnets mate with the large one seen before, the rest goes to match the other smaller one always present on the mod.

12.jpg

The transparency (fume) of the cartridge in daylight conditions allows a good control on the level of the liquid inside, it can be glimpsed from every angle, even from above.

13.jpg

Coil:

Like the previous generation, the fourth generation of COILTECH4.0 from FreeMax relies on an absorbent combination of Cotton and Tea fibers, the mesh even uses military grade SS904L steel, but the absolute novelty for FreeMax seems to have been the first in the world to insert this type of coil on a Pod / Mod.

For this occasion Freemax has equipped the COILTECH4.0 with an air control ring of truly remarkable dimensions for a pod, I would say much more than generous, even the two eyelets measure 2×8 mm! So very little remains to be envied by a Maxi Tank from flavor.

14.jpg

To introduce air into the Compartment / Pod there is an external 12×2 mm airflow in the pod / battery junction.

15.jpg

Display:

The 0.96 O-led display houses the following information, on the left the number of Puff, under the total duration of the Puff / s.

The wattage is shown in the center but during the vaping and at the end of the same and for the duration of a couple of seconds the duration of the last Puff is shown and then returns to indicate the set wattage.

On the right we find indications on the coil Ω, on the Volt and on the battery consumption.

16.jpg

How the Autopod50 works:

To switch the mod on / off, the canonical five clicks are made on the fire button.
    The power is adjustable from 5 to 50w (1w at a time) using the Up / Down selection keys.
    To rotate the screen, press the Fire / Down buttons together.
    To lock the screen but not the vaping, press the Up / Down keys together, to unlock the same operation.

To enter the menu, press the Fire button three times, the SET, INFO, EXIT appear in the order, keeping on SET and clicking again on the Fire button you can adjust the Timeout to stop shooting at will the adjustment that can be made varies from 5 to 15 seconds, once the setting has been selected, the OK is given by keeping the fire button pressed.

Always on “SET” you can reset the total or partial number of puffs, return to the factory configuration or exit.

By selecting info you can read the battery voltage, the firmware version installed and the temperature of the chipset and finally exit.

17.jpg

Battery:

FreeMax says that 2000mAh internal battery is a real and not inflated data, this means that it should guarantee the declared autonomy and even higher than many competitors who declare similar performances but which then do not maintain.

Freemax declares that the output voltage remains stable up to 3.3 V.

Fast charging is 2A type C and it takes about 80 minutes to fill up.

The Autopod50 has an activation mechanism with rapid response to the Fire button of 15ms.

18.jpg

Conclusions:

During the review I have already given a positive opinion on the construction materials, the design with rounded edges, the transparency / fume of the pod and the good feedback of the selection keys, the handling for me is ok so for these data we close the circle for regarding my visual impressions and portability.

19.jpg

The fourth generation of FreeMax's COILTECH4.0 has kept its promises, I started to use the 0.25 Ω 30-50W (Best 40W) AX2 coil first then after wetting it and absorbing the cotton, I followed the instructions of FreeMax, starting to activate it with a low Wattage, I started at 20W (10) watts below its minimum range, well at 20W it surprised me, it activates very well and does a steam train, I said to myself let's try at 15, no 15 is too much we don't exaggerate a little, so I went back to 20w and I enjoyed it for a while, then I went to 30W and here it started to demonstrate what it is made of, a lot of steam and discreet aroma, then I went to 40W the aroma it immediately improved a lot (40W is the best indicated by FreeMax) ... then I set it to 50W, the activation is even more instantaneous and the power remains constant even insisting, the steam is nice and warm and the aroma remains as good as at 40W, logically the battery consumption at 50w is higher, I must say that personally I found the right balance with this coil using it at 35W (5W) below the best indicated by FreeMax, even the battery benefits.
    Note: the airflow with this coil I have always kept it regulated between 3/4 and the maximum opening according to the moments during the days.

With the Mesh COILTECH4.0 AX2 from 0.5 Ω 15-35W (Best 30W) I always followed the procedure indicated by FreeMax, I started at 10W (5W below the minimum range) with open air at 1/3, probably 10W is the wattage useful to allow the coil to run in because it is decidedly subdued, at 15W instead you feel that it starts to get up to speed but in order to get the best performance it is necessary in my opinion to use it with air regulation at 1/2 opening between 20 and 30W to tell the truth, at 30w it already pushes like a damned one, on the other hand (30w) it is the best indicated by Freemax who evidently knows its coils well, at 35W with all air open it pushes very hard but it seems to resist well, not wanting to exaggerate I have found a very good balance at 25w with air regulation at 1/2 opening, the flavor performances are very good also in this case and are not far from the 0.25 Ω little sister.

I think that with the latest tried and tested coil meshes there is some reasoning, it seems that there has been a great improvement compared to the past and it is interesting to note the flexibility of use that they can offer even at low wattage, in this case it will be the mesh Military grade SS904L with the tea fiber cotton formula? Most likely the pre-hit loaded circuit also helps in this ... I don't know, but I know it does well.

Freemax declares that the duration is also remarkable, if it gives me so much, making 100ml of 50/50 or 70/30 liquid should be a goal within the reach of these coils.

Regarding the Chipset (I believe it is owned by FreeMax) it works well, the push is not sure if it is more the merit of the new COILTECH4.0 or more the merit of the 15ms of response to the fire button, it is probably thanks to both.

The functions are basic, practically it only vapes in VW, however, there are good indications by entering the SET and I also liked the Time Over setting and I set it to 5 seconds because I think that if I had to inadvertently make an activation of 10 or 15 seconds the coil would suffer, however there is the key lock and all the indications needed to vape safely in VW.

The 2,000mAh battery could make someone turns up their nose because surely for an MTL vaping nobody would say anything, but for a DTL vaping everyone is led to think that a replaceable 18650 cells is more suitable and durable, probably Freemax wanted to show that even a good integrated 2,000mAh real is able to offer good performance and durability by combining it with its COILTECH4.0 which are extremely flexible and profitable even at relatively low wattage.

Having tried this product I think FreeMax has not exaggerated on the technical data, I found the data declared absolutely online and truthful, for this I congratulate freeMax.

Do I recommend this product?
    Absolutely it has been seen that I have been using it for about two weeks and I have not had any problems, it does not condense, the coils are still after about 30-40 ml of liquid as new, some expert who uses Flavor systems could find it fascinating but even a novice could really appreciate it especially for the ease of use, in short the AutoPod50 and the new COILTECH4.0 are fine!

I'm done, but I would like to close by asking Freemax a question: keeping this beautiful design and the excellent COILTECH4.0 could you also build a Mod with a 18650 cell with 510 attachment? The name? AutoMod80 is nice.

20.jpg

I thank FreeMax for giving me the opportunity to try this product: https://www.freemaxvape.com/autopod50-pod-mod-kit/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread